1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics & its Cryptic Results

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by slinky, Feb 9, 2007.

Some parts of GA are easy to understand but there are also areas that don't seem fully explained on Google to explain what these statistics mean, e.g. what is the scientific GA definition of a unique visitor? Is there any resource that really breaks down what Google Analytics means on a granular level?

Some areas provide bizarre results - every Visitor Loyalty graph I have seen goes down incrementally and then jumps at the 9-14 level. I wonder - is that because at that metric counting 5 "visits" in total is much more than a single visit number at 8? I guess so... but what does a "visit" consist of in Google Analytics?

I think you can see where I'm going with these questions. Many of them are not answered on the site. It makes the side by side comparisons to other stats packages, e.g. log analyzers, impossible without it.
    SEMrush

slinky, Feb 9, 2007 IP
    SEMrush