1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics - How to capture keyword or path?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by TwisterMc, Oct 11, 2006.

I hear about all the great things that Google Analytics can do, but I have no idea how.

Here is what I'd like to do:
    1) When someone fills out a contact form, I'd like to be able to include info from GA including referring keyword (if there was one) and referring site.

2) Is there also a way to capture a path? So I could say that before filling out this form, Bob entered on the about page, went to products, computers, iMac and then back to products then to the contact us page.

3) Anyone know any good, not to complex, GA tutorials? I have the basics down.

4) What other cool things do you do with Google Analytics?

TwisterMc, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  2. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    You can't lift info out of GA back into your form. You'll need your own tracking for that.

Yes you can track paths in GA. Look for Funnel process setup and its stats under Content Analysis.

T0PS3O, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  3. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    Thanks

It would be nice to lift it out of GA or setup some sort of variables. It's doing all the work, now I just want to get it with a form, not have to go dig for it. ;)

TwisterMc, Oct 17, 2006 IP