1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics Goals - is it possible to use with aff networks?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by forcer, Oct 31, 2007.

OK OK. I know you all know Google Analytics. I used it a lot and think its a great tool. However, in affiliate marketing it has one big flaw (correct me if I am wrong). One of the key metrics that I want to measure is how did the customers(not visitors) got to the purchase and I want to know everything about them.

Google Analytics offers Goal tracking, which is great but I think there is no way how to setup Goal tracking with affiliate networks like CJ,Buy.At,AffiliateWindow etc.. The reason for that is that there is no thank you page on your site where you could place the Google Analytics code. That limits the whole Google Analytics tracking to just visitor tracking and you need to find out from a separate system which e.g. keywords brought you the sale etc.

Every network I know has some kind of keyword tracking like EPI in Tradedoubler or SID in CJ. So what I use at the present is that I put the keyword that drove the person from search engine to the SID/EPI tracking and on the affiliate network reports I can see which keyword drove what sales. That's better but still not enough.

I want to see more - which pages the person saw, how long was on site, how long between person on the site and sale tracked in the affiliate network. Without lots of custom programming you can'd find out.

So..........

Is there any system that would do that for me? And if there isn't then I will build one and offer to the rest of you if you want

Sorry for a long post, I couldn't explain it shorter.

forcer, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  2. sat123

sat123 Banned

Best Answers:
    no i tried to but failed had pages like mydomains.com/affiliatesitename.php redirecting to affiliate link...and could not setup goal..

sat123, Nov 15, 2007 IP