1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google analytics dropped stats.

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by EnDLeSs_27, Jun 24, 2008.

Well.. I've been running a vBulletin forum for less then a year now. The site was getting from 5k-6k unique visitors a day. Awstats and google analytics confirmed that.

But suddenly a week ago it dropped to 1-1.5k uniques visitors a day. It was a drastic change in traffic. I never did any advertising or anything. 75% traffic was comming from search engins and 15% from referals.

Any idea on why this would of happened?

EnDLeSs_27, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  2. Madmurphy

Madmurphy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Must have lost some pages on the search engines than it happens.

Madmurphy, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  3. gostats

gostats Peon

Best Answers:
    Check your site for any malicious code or hidden links. If you vbulletin was compromised, you may be unknowingly violating the webmaster guidelines. Do a quick check of your source code and fix any problems. Then do a re-consideration request with google after you have fixed the problems.

gostats, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  4. EnDLeSs_27

EnDLeSs_27 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've checked the forum for anything malicious. Google still has my site indexed so their wont be a need for reconsideration. Any other ideas?

EnDLeSs_27, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  5. gostats

gostats Peon

Best Answers:
    It is still possible that your site is indexed, but that it no longer has trust and thereby ranks at the bottom of most of your common searches. (this would cause the drop in traffic). Can you tell me your site? (or just to a search for a couple strings of text from your site to see if it shows up at all.)

gostats, Jun 26, 2008 IP