1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google analytics code + ebay listing - Anyone tried it ?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by maildeepak, Aug 23, 2006.

hai guys..

was looking into ebay listings and was thinking of how to implement seo into ebay stores and ebay auctions listings among other things. Then I realised that it would be a good idea on to analyze the search strings people use to find my listings. Naturally my mind went to google analytics. has anyone use analytics codes insdie ebay listings and ebay stores and met with success...

anyone exp. in this pls..come forward and guide us ...

maildeepak, Aug 23, 2006 IP
  2. masheruper

masheruper Peon

Best Answers:
    I would also like to hear about using Google Analytics for ebay listings.

I have been selling ebooks on ebay for a while, and could really do with more ways of analyzing the visitors. I think this would really help me.

masheruper, Sep 9, 2006 IP
  3. Scotia King

Scotia King Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    eBay offers analytics service through Omniture depending on the level of eBay store you have.

Since Google Analytics Javascript is supposed to be pasted in the HTML I guess you should be able to put it toward the bottom of your eBay ad, assuming they don't strip out Javascript.

Scotia King, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  4. maildeepak

maildeepak Peon

Best Answers:
    since, G.A. uses javascript iam also having doubts on whether they will allow it..

i am just quoting from ebay's help pages...i dont know whether G.A. will fall in any of the following points:

source:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-javascript.html

can anyone look into this and lemme know if G.A. falls into any of the above points ???

maildeepak, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  5. Scotia King

Best Answers:
    The way I read it, Google Analytics code may fall into #1 and/or #3.

Given the fiasco between eBay and Google Checkout, I would wager that eBay is not a fan of Google Analytics. :)

Scotia King, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  6. maildeepak

maildeepak Peon

Best Answers:
    do u mean to say that G.a. drops a cookie in a computer...actually i am not familiar with how these tracking scripts work...hence iam askign that...:D

maildeepak, Sep 10, 2006 IP
  7. wormy

wormy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Would it be possible to just have something like a link to "counter.gif" pick up some of the search strings and this the keywords? I am referring specifically to auctions in my case since I don't have a store.

For example I just went to google and did a search on "cheap ps2" and then ebay spit the results out with this url:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=cheap+ps2

Now, next the person would click one of the auction links which I just did too and this is my new url in the browser:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Assault-Retribu...2QQihZ014QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now at this point I am looking at an auction so if this was my auction and I had my own pictures hosted as part of my auction, wouldn't my apache logs have the referrer listed? And at the end of the referrer url if you notice there is the text string "&satitle=cheap+ps2" which are your keywords? :cool:

wormy, Sep 11, 2006 IP
  8. Scotia King

Best Answers:
    Yes.

According to the Google Analytics Terms of Service:

You must post a privacy policy and that policy must provide notice of your use of a cookie that collects anonymous traffic data.

Scotia King, Sep 21, 2006 IP
  9. eg Analytics

eg Analytics Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Know the first posting was nearly 4 years ago!!! but, if you want to add Google Analytics to your eBay shop you can use this service. www.eg-analytics.com. Also works on MySpace, and any web 2.0 content that allows you to embed an image, or set the CSS, background-image. The eBay shop version can transmit the referrer information, the standard tag is just a image.

Hope this Helps,

Steve.

eg Analytics, Feb 16, 2010 IP
  10. Rithy001

Rithy001 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm trying to use it, but it seem not yet working for me.
    Please answer to my question at stackoverflow http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5131417/how-to-use-eg-analytic-image-bridge-in-ebay

Rithy001, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  11. Genesis1

Genesis1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure it's gonna work too

Genesis1, Mar 10, 2011 IP