1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Analytics API and Executive Dashboard Development

Discussion in 'Google API' started by ALX-VALLEJO, Dec 29, 2011.

Hi forum, I've been in and out of S.E.O. for a while but I wanted to bring up a question now that my client is circling around again.

My client wants an neat, consolidated executive dashboard of key statistics, comparisons, and trendy charts on one page. Year to date, I've been using Excel to format the data and record the weekly/monthly stats which I pull off of Google Analytics. I could handle this in the beginning but I'm quickly realizing how much time I'm wasting just doing data entry stuff from GA.

I would stick to using GA and just show the client that platform but there are certain restrictions I can't seem to get around: Showing more than 2 trend lines in one graph, showing conversion rate trend lines from each source (and other metric trend lines from each source), measuring Conversion Rate as Conversions/Unique Visitor rather than Conversions/Visits...etc.

I've also tried messing around with the Google Analytics API and I think I will go back to studying that and seeing if I can build a custom executive dashboard that way but I'm wondering if there's an alternative solution.

Do you guys simply show your clients the GA dashboard or do you build something a little more custom and consolidated?

ALX-VALLEJO, Dec 29, 2011 IP