1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Affiliate Network

Discussion in 'Google' started by twalters84, Dec 10, 2009.

Hey there,

I am trying to mass add green products to my website to get that section running.

My friend suggested I join the Google Affiliate Network.

Businesses on this network have product feeds that I can dynamically import.

Most of the businesses have some sort of clause like the following in their TOS:

"Affiliate shall not bid on any of the words containing a Sears trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or any version or derivative there of ('Sears Marks'), including but not limited to, the words set forth on Exhibit A attached hereto and incorporated herein through any pay-for-placement search engines or in meta-tags."

What does bid mean? Are they saying that I can not have the word "Sears" in my meta tags?

I currently am using dynamic meta tags that captures the product name and business name so this could be an issue unless I change it.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Sincerely,
    Travis Walters

twalters84, Dec 10, 2009 IP
  2. tripj

tripj Peon

Best Answers:
    take your friend's opinion. he is right. and for what will happen later, you could just ask his help.

tripj, Dec 10, 2009 IP