1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Affiliate Network - Any Downsides?

Discussion in 'Google' started by ApacheTCP, Feb 8, 2010.

I'm new to affiliate marketing and was thinking about signing up for Google's Affiliate Network.

I wanted to ask if there were any downsides I might not know about, running offers from Google's Affiliate Network. I'm not sure what disadvantages may exist, so I thought I'd ask and see.

Thanks for any heads up or "your good to go" messages.

ApacheTCP, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  2. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Affiliate Network is a good network. They've been one of my clients for awhile now and they have lots of really good brands.

The only issue I'm aware of is that they now require you to have an Adsense account in order to get paid from the network,
    which was a problem for some affiliates that could not get an Adsense account or who had their Adsense accounts terminated.

5starAffiliates, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  3. Chancey

Chancey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only downside I could think about is that it is very hard to get accepted by that network.

Chancey, Feb 8, 2010 IP
  4. WharfeValley Systems

WharfeValley Systems Active Member

Best Answers:
    they have a lot of merchants who pay net 60 so watch out for them as it can be a pain waiting 2 months for your wonga!

WharfeValley Systems, Feb 9, 2010 IP
  5. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've never tried their network, but Google is a reputable company so would think their network would also be very reputable.

john269, Feb 26, 2010 IP
  6. ceaseer

ceaseer Peon

Best Answers:
    Just got approved and they have some big names as clients. Joined specifically for ProFlowers and also applied for Target. An upside is that I am assuming commissions get added to your adsense account? So for those not making a lot with adsense they can cashout faster.

I am disappointed by the lack of information though. How long do I wait for payment once the merchants time to pay is up (far too many 60+ days) is it then an additional 30+ days to get paid by google once merchant releases the funds.

To become a merchant is also vague as there is no information on pricing/cost.

ceaseer, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  7. john201

john201 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is the best way of search and develop.

john201, May 7, 2010 IP
  8. verus125

verus125 Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is the best

verus125, May 8, 2010 IP
  9. cpa-money

cpa-money Peon

Best Answers:
    yes this is a majot downside. but i think that they will change it. it`s like in the beggining you had to have gmail account to register to blogger or youtube. i`m sure they will fix this

cpa-money, May 9, 2010 IP
  10. thermal

thermal Peon

Best Answers:
    Google have some good merchants,not really sure hows things going about payments,impression tracking etc..
    [​IMG]

thermal, May 9, 2010 IP