1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adwords TOS

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by CyberCoder, Dec 14, 2005.

Has this been a problem for anyone?

I was considering a system to place ads based on the Author of a post, but, it seems that any code used to create a shared environment for Adwords would have the potential for a problem.

Code Modification

Any AdSense ad code, search box code, or referral code must be pasted directly into Web pages without modification. AdSense participants are not allowed to alter any portion of the ad code or change the layout, behavior, targeting, or delivery of ads for any reason.

CyberCoder, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  2. forkqueue

forkqueue Guest

Best Answers:
    Seems to be running here without any problems..

forkqueue, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  3. runnerunner

runnerunner Active Member

Best Answers:
    u mean display certain ads based on the author? or display the author's adsense code? I think the first might not be allowed, but the second would be. I know you're allowed to alternate adsense code on the same page between different publishers.

runnerunner, Dec 14, 2005 IP
  4. CyberCoder

CyberCoder Peon

Best Answers:
    I was referring to something like your second example. Which is getting to be common place on a lot of sites.

And please note, in theory I think it is a great idea, but, anything against the TOS could cause cancellation of your account, and I am not sure if the risk is worth the reward.

CyberCoder, Dec 14, 2005 IP