1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google AdWords = SCAM

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by shlap, Jul 17, 2005.

1. isaiasd2003

isaiasd2003 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hey I actually got things cleared up with G. :cool:

isaiasd2003, Aug 1, 2005 IP
  2. sogosales

sogosales Peon

Best Answers:
    Hehe...you guys crack me up. Seems people like to keep a problem going even after its been resolved.

So, what's this green and reds stuff? Some kind of award? :)

sogosales, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  3. weblaunch

weblaunch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've found Adwords to deliver by far the highest quality traffic to my sites.

weblaunch, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  4. exaro

exaro Peon

Best Answers:
    I received the "idiot" tag when I just started on this forum, for no apparent reason. Oh well, I made up for it :)

exaro, Aug 3, 2005 IP
  5. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Oh no a helpful comment!

When you are checking referrers, you are implying that referrer information is available to you. That's not always the case. Different computers of mine have referrer information turned on and off.

Several situations could have occurred that would explain 8 total clicks that you do not show in your logs. I'm sure you have 8 visits in your logs where you have no referrer information.

1) The same user clicking on your ad 8 times throughout the day blocking referrer information. Sounds unlikely, but I've done exactly that to people before. (For instance, they aren't ranked in the SERPs, but I know a term that will bring up their ad, but I can't remember the URL).

2) A spider. People grab google content all the time and it's not unlikely that a poorly written crawler hit your search terms. again, not likely but not impossible.

3) A competitor. A competitor clicking your ads to try and see what your daily limit is.

4) 8 people with referrer turned off. Or 3 clicks from 1 guy with and 5 from another. Or 2 from 1 guy and 4 from another and 2 from a third, etc.

8 clicks is pretty small - but $2.00 / click is pretty large (or was it $.25/click) If it's $2/click and you had adsense enabled, I could definitely see 8 clicks happening from 1 site who figured out how much you were paying and got some friends to click on his site or something.

If this is your only 8 clicks for the day, it does seem odd, but I would be more curious than suspicious. When I started with adwords I was very suspicious of my overnight spending and watched what came through pretty closely and never saw anything out of the ordinary - in fact, I saw the opposite - that I received more clicks than I paid for.

nevetS, Aug 3, 2005 IP
    DeluxeEdition likes this.
  6. robokoder

robokoder Peon

Best Answers:
    no program is perfect, but there is no way that google are running a 'scam' with the adwords scheme!

robokoder, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  7. DealerDave

DealerDave Peon

Best Answers:
    Hate to bring this back to the top, but no one mentioned this possibility.

I believe google is on Pacific Standard Time Zone ... my server is on East Coast Time ... possibly a difference in clicks that way.

New to the forum by the way,
    Nice to meet everyone.. I'm enjoying reading all the good stuff here.

Best Regards,
    Dave

DealerDave, Aug 16, 2005 IP
  8. atonca

atonca Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a few campaigns on Google. Hardly track the referrer information into detail. Don't have time and don't know how. Until one day, I realized that there are many clicks showing on one of my keywords. For testing, I typed in that keyword on google search to see where my ad is. There are 9 pages of total search result. I looked through the 9 pages back and forth many times, but the wierd thing is: my ad wasn't in any of the search result pages at all! I double checked with my daily budget, it was far from the actual cost...What world make that happened? Does google rotate the ads for a certain period of time? BTW, my content search was turned off.

atonca, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  9. Mr. Thrifty

Mr. Thrifty Guest

Best Answers:
    In matching our logs up with Google clicks, we have always found ourselves +/- 5-10%. I think a lot of the reasons why are very well outlined in this post. Just wanted to throw my $.02 in.

Mr. Thrifty

Mr. Thrifty, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  10. atonca

atonca Peon

Best Answers:
    I just wrote an email to google a few minutes ago about those clicks. It happened today again. My ad still didn't show on any of the search result pages, but there are 26 clicks on that keyword already. Help! help! Heeeeelp!

atonca, Aug 19, 2005 IP
  11. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent point! Even a newbie like me could have thought there was more to it than that.

SFOD_D223, Mar 2, 2006 IP
  12. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not almost click from google.com , some click come from network two :|

anhbloginc, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  13. Traffic-Bug

Traffic-Bug Active Member

Best Answers:
    adwords is not foolproof program, sometimes automated bots click on the URLs. If Google finds they will give you credit the next month. They gave credit in mya ccount but their support sucks. they dont answer at all to any supoprt queries how soever advanced or professional it is (not a noobie question)

Traffic-Bug, Mar 3, 2009 IP
  14. marketingpwr

marketingpwr Peon

Best Answers:
    I see this topic is very old, but I will give it a shot. I am not here to say that Google Adwords is a Scam. However, I am here to say that Google adwords is very costly, and I don't appreciate them forcing me to raise the amount of my bid everytime I post an ad with them. For instance, they will tell me after I enter keywords that they have no data available and state a minimum bid of .05 to .10 cents. ( I HAVE A SCREENSHOT OF THIS, haven't put it on my website yet. Waiting for Google Adwords to tell me to raise my bid, then I will post both.)

So I post my ad using those keywords. About 4 hours later I will learn after logging back into my Google Adwords account that they are not running my ad or, it is on the 4th page of a Google search and I need to raise my bid....usually to .30 or .40 cents. This has happened several times in the last few days. Google taking my money from clicks??? Hardly. I barely receive any clicks on my ads with Google Adwords. And that is what really gripes me. My ads aren't even getting clicks and Google Adwords asking me to raise my bids. My website traffic with them is dismal, at best! I have posted 5 screenshots on my website to prove what I am saying. For those that want to go on about how wonderful Google Adwords has been for you, please provide us some screenshots. When I see them, then I will believe "how much money" people are making with Google Adwords. Thank you.

marketingpwr, May 19, 2010 IP
  15. marketingpwr

marketingpwr Peon

Best Answers:
    May 21, 2010.

Now everytime I try to change or create a new ad on Google Adwords, I keep getting that the minimum bid is $1.00.

Maybe Google Adwords is a scam?

I don't care if they gave me $100 in free Google Adwords. If they will not help me to make it work, and constantly want only to gouge me, what good is $100 or $1000 of "free" Google Adwords?

marketingpwr, May 21, 2010 IP
  16. guadalupearmstrong715

guadalupearmstrong715 Peon

Best Answers:
    right google cant do mistakes.

guadalupearmstrong715, May 22, 2010 IP
  17. marketingpwr

marketingpwr Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't use Google Adwords. If anyone wants screenshots that I have, showing thousands of impressions but meanwhile only getting 6 actual clicks to my ad, just contact me through my profile.

marketingpwr, May 23, 2010 IP
  18. Cronous MMO

Cronous MMO Peon

Best Answers:
    This all sounds confusing

Cronous MMO, May 23, 2010 IP
  19. marketingpwr

marketingpwr Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it will be a very, very long time before I waste my time with them again!

marketingpwr, May 24, 2010 IP
  20. asbarali

asbarali Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All because of your bid for dailed bidding option visit
    newadwords.com

asbarali, May 24, 2010 IP