1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adwords campaign - where can I start?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by sallysmith, Feb 24, 2009.

I hope that you won't yell at me for a question like that...;) but...
    I am just to about to start my first Google Adwords campaign - and seriously, I don't know where to start! I know that's not easy to start the campaign and I am wondering is there some kind of basic knowledge that I should have or just Google will guide me with everything?
    Please, could you give me some information - I am asking specially those members who have successfully set up not one Google Adwords campaign.

Thanks in advance! :)

sallysmith, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  2. shailendra

shailendra Peon

Best Answers:
  3. neetu0253

neetu0253 Peon

Best Answers:
    You'll need to invest some money to start with Adwords

neetu0253, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  4. dpelliott

dpelliott Guest

Best Answers:
    First of all dont be afraid of it, once you get started it is quite easy. The main thing you need to get right is your keywords, once you've got those sorted out your more than half way there. Check other google ads thats in your niche to get a good idea, of were you want to go with it.

dpelliott, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  5. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As shailendra points out, visit the learning center, really theres lots of info there, use the text and videos, dont rush, spend at minimum the rest of this week reading the basic information, go over it a few times, you will be glad if you do.

I also found it helpful to start reading the threads here, i started doing that in the later part of 2008, i went pages and pages deep, saved me creating a lot of threads too as many many questions are answered here and much is explained in past threads.

pipes, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  6. DirectoryDude

DirectoryDude Member

Best Answers:
    You can download this Ebook for free for whatever it is worth.
    10 Ways to write more effective ads
    The other advice I'd give you is to be careful not bidding too high on the keywords until you know what you are doing. It can get expensive quickly.

DirectoryDude, Feb 24, 2009 IP
  7. sallysmith

sallysmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all!

I have started my first adwords campaign recently and I must say that it's not so hard...if you are not doing it alone.

I've read an ebook and google suggestions but I must say if it wasn't a help of my friend it wouldn't be so easy.

And as always - the begining is the worst. Now I am learning how to optymize my campaign. And, it's seems that this is a lot of fun!

sallysmith, Mar 20, 2009 IP