1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google AdWords being top Sponsored Link

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Fishing Forum, Sep 6, 2004.

Google AdWords being top Sponsored Link

Just wondering if anyone has experimented with the position of their adwords on google search

For example - is being top of the list above the search result better for you or do you find being number three on the right side better for results

I have found that being number one (above the search results) being poorer return than being say number 3 or 4 on the right hand side - I track it with Conv. Rate

Just wondering if anyone else has any input

Hope this all makes some sense :eek:

Fishing Forum, Sep 6, 2004 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I target spots 3 - 6, think spots 1 & 2 draw too many tire kickers.

GuyFromChicago, Sep 6, 2004 IP
  3. EConcepts

EConcepts Peon

Best Answers:
    It doesn't matter necessarily WHAT spot you are in on Adwords. The determining factor for whether a user will click your ad is in the copy that is written along with the title for the ad itself.

Depending on the copetitiveness of yoru market, they first 2 positions may not be worth the $ it will take out of your monthly budget. I have had extremely successfull campaigns run while utilizing postions 3 and down.

Then again, in less competitive markets, the frist 1 or 2 positions may not be that bad (depending on the keyword bid price). In that case, it again would fall on the copy and title tag written for the ad anyhow.

The copy and title will be the first factors to consider when looking for quailified leads from an Adwords campaign. The other factors come when the user gets to your site (and there are quite a few).

-- Eric

EConcepts, Oct 21, 2004 IP
  4. dfsweb

dfsweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm, Interesting observations .....

I do agree with the fact that the CTR would depend on how closely your ad title is matched to the user's search term.

If you are bidding for a competitive term, then being closer to the bottom of the page might turn out to be better as users might scroll down to view most of the results on the page before they decide which ad to click, and the first and second ads might be out of their view once they scroll down. My 2 cents!

dfsweb, Feb 24, 2005 IP
  5. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Crazy_Rob, Feb 24, 2005 IP