1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adsense Major Reporting Dip!

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Help Desk, Jul 7, 2004.

Did anybody else have their adsense take a HUGE dip yesterday? I checked my logs and the hits where there but my AdSense "Impressions" are almost nothing. Is Google's reporting off?

Help Desk, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually my CTR is up for yesterday. But my revenue for last month and my click through rate for all of June was only half of its historical average.

compar, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  3. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not talking about my click-through rate. That's always low ;)
    I'm saying that the impressions are 5% of what they where the couple days previous. That's 95% lower! I know that the site served up many more than just that. Is this just my problem?

4. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe give it a day to update, sometimes G takes some time reporting properly.

NewComputer, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  5. wiseone

wiseone Peon

Best Answers:
    Reporting for our site has been taking longer lately. We cannot expect to see completed results for the previous day until about 9PM the next day.

wiseone, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  6. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I experienced a significant drop in impressions over the July 4 holiday weekend. Of course, this mirrored the traffic reported in my logs and was entirely expected.

[edit: I just checked and I have no data reported at all for July 6 - something is not right]

Bernard, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  7. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Happened to me recently... I was coming up to the £100 limit...
    It should update in the next day or two.

SEbasic, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  8. Joel Naten

Joel Naten Guest

Best Answers:
    I have noticed that Google takes its sweet time updating the statistics. Even as I write this, I'm still waiting for yesterday's statistics to be complete. But this happens quite often for me anyway.

Joel Naten, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I show what appears to be normal traffic in AdSense for July 6. It was also updating throughout the day yesterday.

digitalpoint, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  10. Help Desk

Best Answers:
    I checked the report again just now. It looks like the report finally caught up with itself. The current value is over 20 times what it was reporting this morning!

AdSense never took this long before. Could it be that so many subscribers are signing up that reporting is starting to take excessively long? When I first signed up my reports would get updated a couple times a day.

11. stephfoster

stephfoster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mine are going slowly too. Drove me nuts yesterday waiting for the update for the day before, but it finally came through too. Looks like the same waiting game for me today. Once it updated, figures were normal, so I guess it's nothing to really worry about.

stephfoster, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  12. SENewbie

SENewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    I also noticed this weekend and through today that the daily reporting has fallen significantly behind from the hourly updates I used to get. I didn't get yesterday's updated statistics until this morning and today's had shown "no data" up until a few minutes ago.

SENewbie, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  13. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I notice a late reporting for yesterday. But one thing that bothering me much is I the revenue I got is half from previous month although number of clicks is almost the same or higher than previous month. Did google take a higher percentage now?

alang, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  14. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys are nuts. What hell does it matter if Google doesn't update yesterday's results until noon. What could you possibly do between 8:00 in the morning and noon that would have any impact on today's results.

Take a valium. Relax.

compar, Jul 7, 2004 IP
  15. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    maybe we just can't wait to see the money come in

haha

alang, Jul 8, 2004 IP
  16. Voyager

Voyager Guest

Best Answers:
    No impressions or CTR dips here.

No unusual delays in reporting here.

Voyager, Jul 8, 2004 IP
  17. Help Desk

Best Answers:
    What's the matter? Are you sick of reading through posts that raise a red flag and end up being nothing?

Perhaps my wording for the initial thread title was too strong. However, it has been my morning routine for the past several months to check my Google Adsense Report. When for the first time it showed my results cut to a twentieth I thought either there was a delay with the reports or Google decided to drop my site. It was just a question not an accusation.

Google seems to be taking longer and longer with their reports. Live reports are more useful as long as you realize what you are looking at. (I am currently working on a multi-million record real-time reporting initiative.)

So the question now is... "Who has some insight into Google's Adsense reporting?".

Help Desk, Jul 8, 2004 IP
  18. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Yeah, my reporting slowed down considerably a week or so back. Once the data starts in for the new day though, the previous days figures are usually as expected.

Cheers,
    JL

john_loch, Jul 8, 2004 IP
  19. nacho45

nacho45 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, yesterday was my best day ever. I got about 3 times my normal clicks...which still isn't that much, but I was happy.

nacho45, Jul 8, 2004 IP
  20. Joel Naten

Joel Naten Guest

Best Answers:
    Google recently expanded what it considers acceptable sites. I think they are trying to make their numbers better for after the upcoming IPO. They need to show growth somehow once the whole world is looking at their balance sheet.

Joel Naten, Jul 8, 2004 IP