1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adsense becoming ineffective in the future?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 8, 2008.

1. ruffnat

ruffnat Peon

Best Answers:
    great post, I think this is the wave of the future, it is going to get even harder to make even less money going around, we are living in the golden age now, and every month that goes by it will get harder and harder

good point you make, I'll change it a bit by saying "don't give up your day job" and "stay in school and work hard to get an education" :D

ruffnat, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  2. netpox

netpox Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think us webmasters probably never click on ads. I personally have clicked maybe on 2-3 ads in the last 3 years of internet browsing. But there are people that still click on ads. Give a computer to my mom or my grandma and have them go to a website and they will probably click on every ad there..lol.

netpox, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  3. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    adsense is not good in the future because Google will give you lower and lower percentage unless if there are 1 or 2 big competitors for him. I think sell products online is much more interesting than just adsense

wokaka, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  4. kniaz

kniaz Peon

Best Answers:
    I too never click on the ads, I do not remember the last time I did. However, today, I had 35%+ CTR, so people still click them, and I do not see it slowing down. You are talking about developing countries? What about here in US - the spam is getting worse and worse because people still click it. Or watch your relative use the computer for 10 minutes - you'll see they're like kids in a candy store when it comes to ads. Free Medical Insurance With Included Dell Laptop? Click ...

kniaz, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  5. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    There are always more and more users comming online for the first time easily replacing those that stop clicking ads. With the world's population growing, computers and internet becoming cheaper and cheaper, it'll be a long while before things start declining.

Roman, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  6. Reviewz

Reviewz Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, Adsense is definitely becoming ineffective...but do you all know why?

Take a guess....

In 2007, one of the top downloads on the Web was Firefox, and one of the top downloads in Firefox was....AdBlock..

What does AdBlock do? Guess again....

So is it any surprise?

Let me just say this - I'd rather promote Internet Explorer anytime, if Firefox is going to make more people download AdBlock...directly...or indirectly...

And the other thing, many people know what Adsense is. I do too. But that doesnt stop me from clicking ads even though I know it makes the other webmaster money. I click if the ad seems enticing, and I'm too lazy to copy the url and open it in a new window.

Only loser webmasters do that...IMHO :rolleyes:

But not everyone shares my point of view.

But also, it just means we need to look at other ad networks. Too much dependence on Adsense worries me.

Reviewz, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  7. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    I click an ad when it's relevant. Sometimes I click without even knowing it ^^

I think us webmasters need to stop thinking like webmasters. Of course WE don't click the ads. Out of 1,000 unique visitors per day, I have a CTR of 1%. It's those 10 people clicking my ads that I want to attract, not the 990 that know what they're doing and what "Adsense" is.

Interesting? Yes. Easy to implement and easy to make a profit from? No (or at least not as easy as AdSense).

Tudi, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  8. ryan_xj

ryan_xj Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think adsense will be ineffective due to the appearance of it.

ryan_xj, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  9. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    People have been saying that same chicken little madness since '99 or '00.

E-commerce is in it's infancy. The way you DO IT, the tactics, technology, may change, but making money online isn't going anywhere.

2 cents

Barefootsies, Jan 13, 2008 IP
  10. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also thinking of Google Adsense's effectiveness as compared to the 'MySpace Generation'. I know MySpace isn't the only publisher out there, but people are subjected to their Ads over and over everyday.......I believe MySpace is now the largest social networking site....and, I believe it gains several 1,000 new members a day......almost everyone I know has a MySpace page......as people are subjected to their ads, in the same position, don't you think they'll start becoming immune to them, eventually?

.....I wonder how much MySpace makes a day/month on advertising????.....

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  11. uniqueasitis

uniqueasitis Peon

Best Answers:
    If ineffective means people's immunity to clicking advertisements then it is already ineffective. But I think it also depends on how well a person uses the adsense. How he positions it and how he changes it around using php scripts to put it in unexpected places etc. If some one has that skill then I do not think it will every become ineffective.

uniqueasitis, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  12. greatlogix

greatlogix Active Member

Best Answers:
    My adsense earnings are dropping. Visitors don't click on a link that says 'Ads by Google' :(

greatlogix, Jan 16, 2008 IP
  13. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    It's probably because Google made it so that a 'click' won't register unless you directly click on the LINK or the URL........once, it would register if you clicked anywhere on the entire box......it doesn't do that any longer......

i wonder if THIS alone has affected earnings greatly?

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  14. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    Now that Google has made it so that a Click isn't counted unless you click exactly on the link or the URL......(not anywhere on the box, like before...)........I wonder how that has affected the earnings of the MAJOR earners?....

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  15. Bali_Sunset

Bali_Sunset Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    tens of thousands of totally new internet user are coming each day, almost all of the are total noobs

Adsense is a long way to become ineffective, it may become more profitable in coming years

Adsense will become ineffective if the pool of internet user is stagnant and never grow, because they eventually know about PPC advertising.

Bali_Sunset, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  16. googleminigames.com

googleminigames.com Banned

Best Answers:
    there are still many people who do click sometimes i get annoyed that when my sister searches something she clicks on the sponsored links (OF COURSE NOT KNOWING THEY ARE ADS) and usually not finding what she wants but also, there are people that click on google ads thinking those are just somewhere you can find more stuff by google ect.. my friends spend hours clicking on random stuff i just hate it because you can tell they dont know nothing about adsense and webmaster's ect.. so yeah lets leave the clicking to the Non-Webmasters :) I myself dont click on ads except i want to help out another site when im bored

googleminigames.com, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  17. ljastangs21

ljastangs21 Banned

Best Answers:
    Before you started making/running/learning more about websites did you know that ads made people money?? I didnt. Considering far less then 1% of computer users even know much about websites i really dont think most of them will know that ads make people money. Just remember that a very small portion of people even make sites.

ljastangs21, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  18. unleash

unleash Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think so, as you may think so and don't click on the ads as you are a webmaster yourself, but the every day users will click any ad they like without thinking of any thing else

unleash, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  19. adcents

adcents Peon

Best Answers:
    I can see a point where there are too many publishers and the value of ads will go down. It is a basic issue of supply and demand.

adcents, Jan 20, 2008 IP
  20. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    hm.......true......

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 21, 2008 IP