1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adsense becoming ineffective in the future?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 8, 2008.

1. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    adwords is a totally different game. it is not the way it used to be before. you could refer traffic to affiliate site before, now you need a landing page that is relavant to your keyword. you still need to do some SEO because google comes up with quality score for a site based on content and keyword. another thing is, there is minimum CTR requirement for your ad to stay active. you need to study a LOT before you get into that game. not trying to scare you, but its more money for some advertisers these days than some money for all

sultanofseo, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  2. ruffnat

ruffnat Peon

Best Answers:
    I think google is making a mistake in the way they run adwords, they are scaring away a lot of potential advertisers

I used it before too and felt like I didnt get much value for my money and then they jacked up all the click prices so I will probably never try to use it ever again

ruffnat, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  3. jojojosonm

jojojosonm Banned

Best Answers:
    I can give you a simple fact, the population is growing!ALSO the internet users are growing day by day which will be good for US.In big countries like india(100 crores) of population ,Not a good percentage are internet users,it will grow day by day.Another fact is that eventhough it is google ads ,i will click them if it has an attractive title or someone which is helpful to us.It is also a fact that WE ALL WILL BE FINISHED IF ADSENSE IS OVER!

jojojosonm, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  4. sam12six

sam12six Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally feel like the ppc model will lose some power as surfing the net becomes more of a daily thing for people who don't now have any internet savvy.

What I'm saying is, adsense ads are a commercial. We all know clicking on a paid ad leads to either a garbage site or a site where someone is asking you to buy something. As more and more people realize this fact, they will go out of their way not to click on these ads unless they are actually looking to buy something. Now people DO go online with the intention to buy something, that's why ppc will never totally die.

I think, in the future, the only way to make good money for a small site owner will be either direct marketing of products or cpm ads for those who can move massive traffic.

sam12six, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  5. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Way more More then half of that Population is from developing countries where they have insane birth rates like Asia and Afrika.

Example US + Canada = 330 million. Not much is it of that 7 billion?

Dollar, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  6. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    lol....they scared me away....

.....perhaps, i just need to step back and research it a bit more....?

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  7. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    "Example US + Canada = 330 million. Not much is it of that 7 billion?"

Just for purpose of knowledge....lol.....I think the U.S. has over a 300 million population alone........Canada HAS to have over 30 million, I'd think.....still not much of 7 billion though ;) :)

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  8. darkmessiah

darkmessiah Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about it, as advertisers we are well aware what's going on. Normal user land web visitors don't know what's those ads really do. I give you an example.

I have a co worker who plays on an arcade site, the game is smack dab in the middle of the screen, with google ads on the sides. I asked this her if she ever clicked on those ads. She said she used to, but doesn't click on them anymore ever since I had been talking about what I've been doing.

Most people don't realize that the site owner is making a fortune off them.

darkmessiah, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  9. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    "....Most people don't realize that the site owner is making a fortune off them."

.....lol....and, let's try to keep it that way :)

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  10. dbmasters

dbmasters Peon

Best Answers:
    There are new and different ad systems coming and going all the time...eventually I hope the systems that push crap like "you're the one millionth visitor, you've won, click here" type of ads go out of business, but, while it may not always be AdSense, there will always be ways to monetize the web...

One thing I wish Google WOULD get is the inline content ads like Kontera's. I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't...I'd love Kontera type system that not only links keywords like that, but keywords within the topic of your site...Google could pull that off...and it'd rock.

dbmasters, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  11. Dollar

Dollar Active Member

Best Answers:
    Becuase its looks bad and would give hurt Google's image and brand.
    inlines & popunders = piss off people.
    Not something you want to being doing if you have brand and image to uphold.

Dollar, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  12. digitalmatch

digitalmatch Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you completely, I myself scroll down, pass them and ignore them.

digitalmatch, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  13. mac83

mac83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    New creatives will be created by Adsense as the web and surfing pattern of people changes. But yesterdays announcement about google retiring adsense referrals outside America and Japan, makes me wonder that Adsense is facing some decline in Advertisers. If not decline at least decline in the growth rate!

mac83, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  14. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    IBM used to be thought of to be in a same position that google is in now, never to be competed

But see what Microsoft did to it

Anything can happen....and sometimes....things happen for good

COBSolutions, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  15. x3xsolxdierx3x

x3xsolxdierx3x Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google, like every other company, has to be in a continually state of evolving, in order to survive. As long as they can respond effectively to both advertisers and publishers concerns, and walk that delicate line efficiently, I don't think Google will be going anywhere anytime soon......

x3xsolxdierx3x, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  16. for_si2003

for_si2003 Banned

Best Answers:
    My concern is different. Everyday I see thousands of new bloggers entering into the Adsense everyday. There is nothing like niche, anymore. There are established players everywhere.

That leaves very little. We need to be imaginative and work harder than earlier to make online money. Not worth the effort in many case.

I am thinking to concentrating to my job instead.

for_si2003, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  17. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    While AdSense IS effective, let's profit off it. After it gets old, someone will invent a new type of ad that can sell well :) Adveritising has been around since the Roman Empire and I don't see why the future should be ads-free.

Tudi, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  18. ehab

ehab Banned

Best Answers:
    Most people huh? Do you know how small the webmaster niche is???...?..

I think this is total bs, the only people that know you get money when people click your ads are other webmasters, and often if I am visiting a webmasters website I will click an ad if I see one I like to help the webmaster.

No Sense At All

ehab, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  19. Le GoogelGuRu

Le GoogelGuRu Guest

Best Answers:
    If I see an advertisement for a website or product that I'm genuinely interested in and I enjoy the website I'm browsing, I'll click that ad - only if I'm really interested though. Everyone benefits - the advertiser gets targeted traffic that chose to visit their website, not someone who just clicked to help the publisher and the publisher gets a bit of revenue from it. I think they should remove that giant Ads By Google that's there now though and replace it with the older, smaller font version.

Le GoogelGuRu, Jan 12, 2008 IP
  20. ehab

ehab Banned

Best Answers:
    Not worth the effort, god you must really suck? lol!

There are certain niches that pay high, of course people aren't going to let you in on the latest craze, but people won't share ideas due to the fact worrying that click value will go down. There are many fun and inventive ways to earn money online.

I earn a damn good living from doing this , and don't agree with your statement at all.

ehab, Jan 12, 2008 IP