1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Adlinks- This is what they look like

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Homer, Mar 16, 2005.

I just went to a site and clicked on one of the text links. I don't know if everyone is aware of this but they require 2 clicks. Here's the second screen clicked from anchor text 'alt tags'

[​IMG]

Homer, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yes, and because of that these ads are NOT for every kind of website. For example, I have a big site where I have a couple of CPM banners, plus one popunder. When a user finds something he likes and downloads it, I get paid a small comission. So, I'd rather have my visitors surf around my site and download something instead of making them click twice on an ad. They could always close the window when they get to that page, so you will be loosing a valuable visitor.

However, on informational sites these ads are wonderful, people are actually looking for information, so if you present them a page full of targeted links related to what they are looking for it is almost sure that they will click.

fryman, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  3. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I've got them on my site now. It'll be interesting to see the channel data tomorrow on how it performs.

Infiniterb, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  4. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    What I would be interested to see in the long run is how many click the first time then don't follow through with the revenue click? I think once you make the first click you would be pretty well comitted to the second one, but who knows?:confused:

With ads 1 click is all you need to get payed, that we know.

Homer, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  5. bustour

bustour Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the screenshot. I was wondering what the next screen looked like. I'm also awaiting the channel data. BTW, does anyone know why the channel report data is delayed for two days?

bustour, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    It has always been like that.

fryman, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  7. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:

Actually that is the second screen. When you click one of those links you will go to the site. To clarify here is the first screen:

[​IMG]

Which links to the screen shown on the first post on this thread.

Homer, Mar 16, 2005 IP