1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google AdLinks --- NICE!

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Tapanti, Mar 15, 2005.

1. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    Good point. But if that's the case then why not make the regular ads with the bold headings as well?

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  2. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, guys Its intersting to see that google is coming up with new ads.

btw, I have a doubt, is there any policy in displaying adlinks along with image and text ads on same page ? I mean number of ad units. i cant get where they are mentioned.

Tuning, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
  4. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting point, i've never experienced this

what kind of ads are these btw? will they pay out the same? i've made global changes ... let's see what happens tomorrow to the earnings and CPC.

skattabrain, Mar 15, 2005 IP
  5. riziko

riziko Peon

Best Answers:
    It is pretty easy to add a border. Try this:

<div style="border: 1px solid #0000FF">
    <!--adsense code here
    -->
    </div>
    Code (markup):
    or put it in your CSS file. You do use CSS right? ;)

These Adlinks look interesting. The problem is that it takes TWO clicks to actually click on a link. Google doesnt pay you until the person clicks on the second click. I am going to run them for a while and see what the result is.

Ross

riziko, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  6. Tapanti

Tapanti Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, this is IMO a big problem.

I believe the new ads are breaking one of the most important rules in web site usability, by increasing the number of clicks a user has to perform in order to get to the product or service they are looking for.

When the user clicks on the AdLink phrase, it's taken to a page with a list of AdWords advertisers, and only if the user decides to click on any of the ads you get paid.

So much for integration... I bet the CTR in the Ads page is going to be very low as people usually avoid ads. And they could even feel deceived by having clicked on a text link, just to be taken to this page, thus leaving and letting you without the click and with a pissed visitor.

I guess I'll give AdLink the benefit of the doubt and will let them running for a few days to see the CRT in their channel, but I'm not very optimistic. :(

Tapanti, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  7. EdenView

EdenView Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I love the new ad links. It incorporates what is great about parking services like Domain Sponsor, the fact that the ads are influenced heavily on what the users click on, with the fact that the results page is nicely organized with good quality links.
    For those of us in Adwords, I wonder if they'll create a new category for advertising in these new ad units.

EdenView, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  8. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    I was wandering for the past two days what happened to my earnings.. - my CTR is great, my impressions are 25% up, but earnings went down really badly just for the past two days and I'm seeing the same today... do you think new innovation (Ad Links) somehow affect this? Does anyone see anything similar?

gemini, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  9. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    i don't know if i like the way this 2 page system works ... but my earnings are noticably up today (as of 2 EST)

skattabrain, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  10. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not using the new Ad Links, I'm just wandering if Google trying to motivate publishers to use the new ads by lowering their earnings on regular Adsense ads... does it make sense at all? There is no real evidence to it, I'm just kinda frustrated a little bit with my $ for the past few days.. ok, I'll just stop fussing :)

gemini, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  11. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:

Well... my jaw is wide open... huge CPM, very high CTR, and earnings might break my daily record today...

:eek:

fryman, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  12. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    nice!

i wonder is it's more of a curiousity thing ... a "what are these new google ads all about"?

anyways, to early to tell

skattabrain, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  13. gemini

gemini Peon

Best Answers:
    is this from the new AdLinks?

gemini, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    I'm not really certain anyone could really tell given the reporting is delayed by two days, adlinks came out officially as beta yesterday, and I see nothing in my account that lets me differentiate adlinks reporting.

I'd have to say, there is no way for anyone to know at this point.

Mia, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  15. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Today was my first day running adlinks.

One observation I had was one of my links was entitled 'adult affiliate'. I am not sure what it linked to as I don't click my own ads. By the look of the anchor text I get a pretty good idea. :confused:

Homer, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  16. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm running adlinks on one of my websites, but I'm afraid to click and see what they look like.

I'm thinking about making a seperate channel for adlinks just to monitor CPM.

david_sakh, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  17. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Reporting may be delayed, but earnings are not. I started adlinks yesterday, and today I see huge changes, I doubt it is just a coincidence.

I did that to just one site as a test. Today I will do it with several more and see if this trend continues.

fryman, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  18. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Wether it is a coincidence or not is not the point. The point is, there is no way to tell for certain.

You say you saw huge changes? Without violating the TOS, what are the huge changes specifically? Without accurate reporting there is no way to be sure that one small change over a 24 hour period was coincidental or not

Mia, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  19. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Biggest change I notice is an increase of 100% on Effective CPM, which is causing my earnings to be very high with just a few clicks. The only explanation I can find for this is that people are actually clicking on those ad links and getting sent to a page full of high paying ads. Since my site is a medical one and there are plenty of ads to choose from, I imagine the best paying ones are listed at the top of the page, so visitors are clicking on the best paying ads.

fryman, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  20. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    You know what, I supposed you could create a channel for this data to get an accurate picture. Doh..

Mia, Mar 16, 2005 IP