1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google "ADD URL" hurts your potential rankings????

Discussion in 'Google' started by skattabrain, Apr 26, 2005.

skattabrain, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    BS!!!

Anyone could submit any site using that form!

Crazy_Rob, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I doubt that very much. Now I never submit in that manner, but did in early days. Sites ranked back then same as my new sites do now.

Shannon

Smyrl, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  4. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah ... makes no sense to me what so ever. when you see it published on a site like seochat though, you need to verify.

5. JonahViaKeyboard

JonahViaKeyboard Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. In fact, are there any words that Google applies a specific filter for?

My guess is that this happes with Google Images - specifically filtering certain terms as adult or not adult - but to hurt sites with "add URL" on the page doesn't seem like it would help Google improve results much.

JonahViaKeyboard, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  6. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Any way I could list my site without submitting google in just 4-5 days. I don't know the theaory exists or not.

Tuning, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  7. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    That article seems like it was written by someone who has no clue. I don't agree with most of it.

TwisterMc, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  8. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like rubbish to me too

MattUK, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  9. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    It is rubbish. I didnt get past the first page. So maybe there is some truth after that, but personally, I dont care. There is NOWAY you could possible be penalised.
    Dont believe me ? Type Google in to the Add url box 100000000000000 times.. see if it gets Lower Serps.
    My assumption is this: Addurl is used as a list to spider (ontop of the current list). Search engines boast anout their index size, they will not use this submission url to dent those sites with an seo behind them. I submit 1 in the beginning and get backlinks to get listed.

Design Agent, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  10. tiqital het

tiqital het Peon

Best Answers:
    So you don´t believe that submitting more than once could cause a spam penalty?

If so, we could go on using automated software without any concerns of double submissions... :)

tiqital het, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  11. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    when seochat posted cheat your way to the top ... i was like .... cool!!! feed me!!! :)

but this is like intro to seo and i have no idea where the "cheat" comes into play.

12. TwisterMc

TwisterMc Mac Guru

Best Answers:
    What's wrong with double submissions? It's not like Googles going to list the same page twice.

TwisterMc, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  13. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    GIve me your URL I will submit it 100 times
    let me know if you get dropped :D

14. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    But this is the kind of crap that some SEO's are feeding their potential clients.

I get the phone calls...it's amazing how low some people will go.

15. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    nope i don't. Google themselves says that you can submit as much as you want without a penalty.

Please visit our "Add URL" page to input your URLs. You can submit your site as often as you like, but multiple submissions will not improve the likelihood of your site being added or accelerate the process. We do not penalize sites for 'over-submitting'. If you choose to submit your site, only the top-level domain is necessary, as the spiders will follow your internal links to all the rest of the pages.

wendydettmer, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  16. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    My clients have no idea what seo is. Count yourself lucky... try explaining the coop to someone who makes you give it in writing that they will be 'in google" ;)

I read that kind of stuff for years, never knew what to believe (but then I was never in the traffic business either)

17. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

OH, I've been there my friend!

I wish I knew of a few SEO's that didn't mind working w/ dumb ass business owners. I'd be able to send them a ton of biz!

18. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    well, i gotta tell ya ... what we do is more on the fringe of lunacy then just about anything. it's not even like learning a programming language ... we spend our days trying to stay within the graces of companies that close their doors to us and rather we not exist. companies who share zippo with us, leaving us to guess and form theories ... and when the theories become "truths" they change the rules.

at least when you learn php it's not gonna change for a while! :)

my clients don't have a clue (although i've taught them a lot) and it's better that they stay that way. a smart business person should be focusing on their business, not this anal retentive skill called seo. ;)

clients that have no clue aren't the issue, clients that have no clue and think they do are the dangerous ones. my grandfather used to use a saying a lot and it fits - "they don't know that they don't know".

it's tough for them though, they get solicted all day long from "experts" and they don't know what to think. seo is an extremely shady craft and i don't care what white hats say.

google doesn't write manuals to help get rankings like microsoft does to admin servers! unless you call this brilliance a manual - http://www.google.com/webmasters/

19. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    i wouldn't go that far ... "i'll build you links!" should cover it.

20. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha, I actually prefer it. I hate the whole, link, directory, blog, article etc actual seo work.

The kind of sit down in a bar and explain type clients..I have been trying to work out a way to provide them with automated, SIMPLE and comprehensive way of teaching them that could be used over and over. Not even come close yet.