1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google AB Testing

Discussion in 'Better Analytics' started by naseerz, Mar 30, 2016.

Hello,

I am trying to work with ab split testing feature and it seems that the plugin has compatibility issues with wp-super cache. I tried some experiments of theme and post title splits and it doesn't work. All users end up on the same original page with no difference.

Is there any wp cache fix to make it work?

Thanks

Jan

naseerz, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Not sure... if WP Super Cache is intercepting the request and giving users a cached result of pages, there probably isn't a whole lot you can do other than disable page caching. It sounds like WP Super Cache is assuming the page is going to be the same for every user, which isn't going to be the case for A/B testing themes.

digitalpoint, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  3. naseerz

naseerz Member

Best Answers:
    The wp super cache doesn't have option to disable the page cache only so I have tried moving to to W3 total cache which allows us to disable page cache while keeping the database and object cache on. Now I am seeing this error Pro version installed, but not active. Did you verify ownership of your domain?

Could you please confirm if better analytics supports any cache plugin?

Thanks

naseerz, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Does that message go away if you disable the cache? Not sure why a caching system would interfere with something like that... so I'd double check that the domain was verified for the domain you are using it on.

digitalpoint, Mar 31, 2016 IP
  5. naseerz

naseerz Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it doesn't have any issues when the cache is disabled. The domain is verified else it wouldn't be active in first place. I was wondering if the plugin was tested with any cache plugin? Is there any way to fix it?

naseerz, Apr 4, 2016 IP
  6. naseerz

naseerz Member

Best Answers:
    I assume for the plugin to work properly we have to disable any cache?

naseerz, Apr 7, 2016 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For the A/B functions, if a caching mechanism is caching the output to users and it's serving up that cache to all users, yes. The whole nature of A/B testing is to serve up different content to different users. So I could definitely see how most caching systems would affect that.

For the domain verification though, there really shouldn't be any issue that I can think of. A caching system really shouldn't be caching or blocking backend callbacks to external sites, but maybe it is for some reason...

digitalpoint, Apr 7, 2016 IP