1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Aanlytics and Real Estate Ecommerce Site

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by jameskertley, Sep 29, 2009.

Hi friends

thanks for support till date.

I have some problem while setting up GOALS In GA

I have real estate education site which services with some real estate tools and books and some reports.

I want to track that my all products which is sold/buy by any user.
    What is in my site is that,

If you want to buy it you must have to login before that.

So automatically one ID generates every time when new user register.

And about the goal set, I can’t set thank you page as most of all have.

My thank you page is also come with the ID which generates when user login
    How do I set my goal in GA (google analytics) for different users?

I have to set many goals for different products, like book, reports or tools
    Can anyone suggest me where to do and how to do?

Thanks in advance

Regards
    James

jameskertley, Sep 29, 2009 IP
  2. Deus Ex

Deus Ex Peon

Best Answers:
    How do I set up goals and funnels?Print
    In order for Google Analytics to calculate goal conversion metrics, you must create one or more goals. Before setting up a goal, please make sure you read the following.
    Make sure you have all the requirements

Request URI for the goal page: Specify a page with its own URL as a goal. You can find the Request URI after the domain name or by copying and pasting the goal page URI from the Top Content report. In the case of a registration, the goal page might be the Thank You page (e.g. For the goal page "http://www.mysite.com/thankyou.html" enter "/thankyou.html").
    The name of the goal: Specify a name that you will recognize when viewing reports. Examples of names you might use include "email sign-up" and "article ABC download."
    The defined funnel: You may specify up to ten pages in a defined funnel. Although funnels are optional, defining one can help you map where visitors drop off during the path to completing a goal.
    The value of the goal: Google Analytics uses an assigned goal value to calculate ROI, Average Score, and other metrics. A good way to value a goal is to evaluate how often the visitors who reach the goal become customers. If, for example, your sales team can close 10% of people who request to be contacted, and your average transaction is $500, you might assign $50 (i.e. 10% of $500) to your "Contact Me" goal. In contrast, if only 1% of mailing list signups result in a sale, you might only assign $5 to your "email sign-up" goal.
    Setting up goals

After you’ve thought of what your goals will be, start setting up them up by following these instructions:

Log in to your Google Analytics account at https://www.google.com/analytics/.
    Select the account that contains the profile you’ll be creating goals in from the Overview page.
    Find the profile for which you will be creating goals, and click 'Edit' under the 'Actions' column.
    Under the 'Conversion Goals and Funnel' section, select one of the four goal slots available for that profile and click 'Edit.'
    Turn the goal 'On' or 'Off.' If you choose 'On,' that means you want Google Analytics should track this conversion goal at this time. Since there are no ways of deleting goals, turning it 'Off' can make the goal inactive.
    Select from one of the three match types that Google Analytics uses to identify the goal.
    Enter the Request URI in the Goal URL box. Reaching this page marks a successful conversion. For example, a registration confirmation page, a checkout complete page, or a thank you page.
    Enter the 'Goal name' as it should appear in your Google Analytics account.
    If your goal URL is case sensitive, this means your goal URLs are capitalized exactly like the visited goal URLs.
    Enter the 'Goal value.'
    Defining funnels

After you’ve entered your goal information, define a funnel:

Enter the 'URL' of the first page of your conversion funnel. This page should be a page that is common to all users working their way towards your goal. For example, if you are tracking user flow through your checkout pages, do not include a product page as a step in your funnel.
    Please note: Funnel URLs are treated as regular expressions. For this reason, you can include wildcard characters and use other regular expression methods if you want to match more than a single URL. Learn more about regular expressions.
    Enter a 'Name' for this step.
    If this step is a 'Required step' in the conversion process, select the checkbox to the right of the step. If this checkbox is selected, users reaching your goal page without travelling through this funnel page will not be counted as conversions. Learn more about the 'Required Step' option in a funnel.
    Continue entering goal steps until your funnel has been completely defined. You may enter up to 10 funnel steps, or as few as a single step.
    Click Save Changes to create this Goal and funnel, or Cancel to exit without saving.

Deus Ex, Oct 2, 2009 IP