1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google -50 penalty then - 100 ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by intruder2600, Jan 27, 2010.

Hi,

My website was penaltied about year ago (it was a new domain) so I've made redirect 301 and it was back on my position with a new domain. Now after one one year my my website was penaltied again - some keywords are still ranked well, but my main keyword was ranked -50. It was penaltied on 22 december 2009. Since then my website was ranked stable between 57th and 59th place everyday. I wasn't worried, because -50 penalty usually takes about 8 weeks, so I won't lose my company in that time, but today it was dropped down to place 95.

Did anyone had website dropped like that ? Penalty has changed ? This -100 penalty may take much longer and I can't wait so long. I think I'll try another redirect 301, but it's a risk. Google have a great fun with doing something like that, but it's not funny for me :( For them it's only one website from milions out there - for me it's my job.

intruder2600, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  2. iknowalittlebit

iknowalittlebit Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you know that you were penalized? And how do you know the exact date? Are you just going by a drop in rank on a specific day?

iknowalittlebit, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  3. intruder2600

intruder2600 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I check my positions every day when i wake up :) My position was dropped from 4th to 57th - it has to be a penalty. It usually takes about 8 weeks to get back, but today i was dropped down even more, so it's not just a simple -50 penalty.

4. checkblog

checkblog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What was penalty reasons?

checkblog, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  5. plusplustutoring

plusplustutoring Active Member

Best Answers:
    Did you keyword spam, link farm, etc..?

plusplustutoring, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  6. Gazzerman

Gazzerman Active Member

Best Answers:
    How do you know it takes 8 weeks?

I have a -50 penalty on my site and its not been lifted in 11 months! Two reinclusion requests with people in Google forums saying nothing is wrong with it now and should be reincluded.

Have you done a reconsideration request? takes about 10 days in total as of my experience this month.

Gazzerman, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  7. downloadvyp

downloadvyp Peon

Best Answers:
    if you know some resons that may have lead to that,do the right things and you will be back .if not..try to do some seo and you will be ok

downloadvyp, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  8. taminder

taminder Peon

Best Answers:
    Google knows everything about you now. your name's probably on a blacklist lol. I wouldn't do anything like that again (or anytime soon).

taminder, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  9. Ant_C

Ant_C Peon

Best Answers:
    I had a site drop from position 1 to 51, and then 101 for its main search term. Since then I'm a believer in penalties.

Although I can't say for certain, it seemed to be caused by too many links with the same anchor text, this was also the main search term. After removing many of the lower quality links and altering the text on the rest the site recovered slowly. Now a year later it's at position 4.

Ant_C, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  10. fishfinder

fishfinder Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll echo what ant c said. I had a site drop from first page rankings for a number of short and long keywords/phrases in January of 2009. There was nothing onsite that was outside of googles guidelines, but there were hundreds of links back to the site with the same anchor text. That is the only thing that I could see being the problem. Sadly, that anchor text was the name of the site. Whether or not that caused the penalty, it has remained at around the 50 position in search results in google for a full year. Re-consideration requests were sent, and resonded to, but there has not been a change. It was pretty upsetting as the site was making a decent amount of money.

fishfinder, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  11. intruder2600

Best Answers:
    Reason ? Just because - it's my company website, i care about it's quality. Keywords are very hard, so there's almost 1.000.000 incoming links. There's one 301 redirect already, i think about next. I know it usually takes 8 weeks to get back, but now it's dropped down again, so i start to be worried...

Reinclusion request ? No way - it doesn't work - they'd like me to pay them for AdWords, not doing SEO stuff :) Oh i really hate Google.

12. sarirejo

sarirejo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If i were you, i will do seo job, have great content for visitor, try another traffic maker e.g. from bing then just wait and see. since your site not banned by google, it is still have a chance to get on top.

sarirejo, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  13. coolseo36

coolseo36 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes intruder2600, you may be facing the same problem, as you are already having 1.000.000 incoming links...thus I think, try removing few low quality links or alter the anchor wherever possible as said by Ant_C...good luck2u:)

coolseo36, Jan 27, 2010 IP
  14. intruder2600

Best Answers:
    I can't control links - there's to many of them :) So I think I'll wait as long as it takes to get back and also start a new website. Thanks.

intruder2600, Jan 28, 2010 IP