1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google +1 plugin

Discussion in 'Google+' started by bellsimth, Jun 22, 2011.

I am not new in seo or in google, But recently google has provided new plugin for seo. I have no basic idea about it. Please share your view with me . thanks

bellsimth, Jun 22, 2011 IP
  2. ZamAnthony

ZamAnthony Peon

Best Answers:
    The +1 button of google is just like the facebook "Like" feature. It is just giving you the opportunity to recommend the site to the people that are in your list of contacts in google account. Some says that it can help your site to gain more traffic, but I think its a long shot to get an increase on that. Also, the +1 plugin of goolgw would help your site to rank higher on serp.

ZamAnthony, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  3. tadams

tadams Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt +1 will help you rank any higher in the search engines just because you put it on your site. Simply because it can be abused very easily.

tadams, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  4. mrkool

mrkool Active Member

Best Answers:
    mrkool, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  5. TechnoBombs

TechnoBombs Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely Google is going to use the +1 data to improve Search Engine Ranking system. I think number of facebook shares, tweets, bookmark count are also affect on Search Engine Ranking.

TechnoBombs, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  6. botssuck

botssuck Peon

Best Answers:
    Its just a "Social Network" chain. Not something big. I wouldn't recommend this if you already have facebook and twitter updates. But for sure adding 1 more thing wouldnt hurt.

botssuck, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  7. mrkool

mrkool Active Member

Best Answers:
    Adding the +1 button to your pages lets users recommend your content, knowing that their friends and contacts will see their recommendation when it’s most relevant—in the context of Google search results.

In short, Google +1 button is a fast way to tell friends "this is pretty cool" or "you should check this out.

http://bit.ly/k0DucJ

mrkool, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  8. twikxer

twikxer Peon

Best Answers:
    The goal of the +1, from Google's own words, is to better rank pages between friends. It's sorta like Bing's new commercials about "social" search engine results, if you've seen those. Overall, it's good to add to your site, but don't stress too much about it, and its importance is still relatively low.

twikxer, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  9. bama boy

bama boy Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is the future, it will effect sites ranking

bama boy, Jun 23, 2011 IP
  10. ilook

ilook Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google +1 is very weird and makes no sense if you can only rate with a Google (gmail) account....

ilook, Jun 24, 2011 IP
  11. bellsimth

bellsimth Peon

Best Answers:
    Google +1 helps in search engine ranking or results. Now google is adding it in webmaster tool with +1 metrics. Check out this.

bellsimth, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  12. bestrendz

bestrendz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    in my opinion...Google +1 will definitely affect rankings. Lets put it this way. if i was to search google for "what is internet marketing" obviously there are tons out there that has this content. lets say you have a page that answered that question. i found your site and i think it did help me understand what internet marketing is and i vote for it. the more votes you get the more google will think that your content is the most useful out of all the other sites trying to answer my question.

again, its my theory

does anyone agree? or maybe disagree?

bestrendz, Jun 30, 2011 IP
  13. markperry

markperry Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google+1 introduced so users can vote. It will affect SERP. It will be used as ONE of alogarithm elements. Google is trying to INVOLVE users by providing simple feedback mechanism.

markperry, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  14. ZamAnthony

ZamAnthony Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think it can help in ranking a site. If so, the button will be spam by many other seo or site owners. For instance, you are owning a site that's not gaining any good feed back from you link building, you as a site owner will then hire someone or pay lots of user to just click the +1 button. Google is much smarter and they keep on updating their algorithm. I don't think they will give this opportunity to users or web owners that fast.

ZamAnthony, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  15. myindiahub

myindiahub Member

Best Answers:
    Certanily Google +1 is effective in seo because Google webmaster tool display Google +1 report

myindiahub, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  16. itearn243

itearn243 Peon

Best Answers:
    thank you for this link

itearn243, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  17. B.Williams

B.Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    Basically its not a plugin its a script which you can place into your website or blog to determined the relevancy of your link like you did on facebook like, its quite similar with facebook but its present on search results pages.

B.Williams, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  18. eurogal

eurogal Peon

Best Answers:
    Im truelly lost here.What is google +1 plugin.how does it help my site.

eurogal, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  19. John_

John_ Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't you read english ? The answers are above. Yeap, you are truly lost...

John_, Jul 4, 2011 IP
  20. RazorbackJones

RazorbackJones Peon

Best Answers:
    Big G is using the same old exlcusive Mark Zuckerberg trick with G+. The laws of marketing state that it will work, however Gs last big venture in social marketing ending with a crash and a slight buzzing sound. I would consider adding it if you think it is useful. Whether or not people will actually use this social network is yet to be determined. Personally, when the thing goes public, I am going to analyze it to see if it would be possible to build links with it. Another web 2.0 property made by the almighty might be pretty powerful. I suspect it will only be so long however before the links get devalued just liked they did with linkwheels.

RazorbackJones, Jul 4, 2011 IP