1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GOOG Stock

Discussion in 'Google' started by GuyFromChicago, Jan 16, 2008.

1. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    gem.stocks, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  2. Snoopy_WG

Snoopy_WG Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow, Gem... That's pretty cool...

Snoopy_WG, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  3. Snoopy_WG

Snoopy_WG Guest

Best Answers:
    So Gem, you think that $572 is a pretty good deal for GOOG?

4. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe GOOG to go double again from this level is not easy, the stock price would need to go over $1000.

If I have money to invest, I would buy Clearwire (CLWR) at $10. The reason is simple, CLWR has a better chance to double triple my money in the years ahead. CLWR was trading at $25-30 only weeks/months ago, when the dummy Sprint CEO announced to delay WiMax national rollout with CLWR, CLWR tanked to tens and eventually drifted to $10s. I believe CLWR has a very good future, in fact, I've just ordered their broadband wireless Internet ($29/month) to backup my Road Runner cable. Time Warner has been having problems lately, costed me dearly when I was unable to go online or use regular phone in a trade.

CLWR spent millions if not a billion and bought monopoly rights on 2.8GHZ broadband WiMax in hundreds of cities in the U.S. They are planning to do full national rollout. You could do so many things with a brandband wireless Internet - in the car, broadband phone, or any other places cable/DSL cannot reach, plus WiMAX can reach top speed of hundreds of MBs. CLWR was started by Craig McCaw, the pioneer of cellular phone, he sold his company to AT&T and made billions. Broadband Wireless Internet will be a big play in the future, IMHO, in fact, this morning, I read Google and many others are spending $2-4 billion to bid another broandband license (300 GHZ or 700 GHZ), it is the band used by analog TV stations, it is the wireless band through walls and hard blocks.

I've registered http://www.wireless-providers.net and http://www.wireless-internet-providers.com, not sure if I can put it in use in the future, maybe you guys can come up with some ideas.......

5. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on how many shares you bought and when you want to exit, you could sell for a profit :)

If the market performane in the past two days is any indication this market is bottomed and is turning up, then you're looking for at least 3 day continuation of a true rally. GOOG at $500s level could be a nice catch. But this market won't go up straight without a hard fight between shorts and longs, there are so many uncertainities, the bottom could be tested again and again. GOOG goes to $600 and could pull back to 550 on bad news or bad earnings from some top boys, this market cannot have ANY more bad news, also need to check when GOOG earnings will be out, if you spend less on Google Adwords, it means many others could do the same, as a result, Google earnings could be down unless they play tricks, raise word prices, and collect more $$ per word from us..

GOOG has not been down for more than 7 days in months. This past week has been the worst both for the market and GOOG.

6. Snoopy_WG

Snoopy_WG Guest

Best Answers:
    The chart for CLWR doesn't look that great right now... But it did gain over 10% today... Looks like on Wed. it found a low of just over $10... You think it will drop back to $10?

7. harsha22

harsha22 Guest

Best Answers:
    Except for their adsense & adwords none of their products are making any major revenues. Hence it difficult to predict how the stocks will behave in 2008

harsha22, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  8. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    CLWR is news driving stock, with INTC and MOT put billions into the company, I don't think they would want to see CLWR to fail.

But my favorite sector is still the solar energy companies. The stocks in this sector went up over three digits from 120-300% last year, they are down 50-60% from the Dec high. Their fundamentals should still be good, I bought a lot of these solar stocks in the past couple days.

CSIQ/AKNS/CSUN/LDK/SOLF to name a few, the leader is FSLR, it is as expensive as GOOG. I have a chart for these stocks posted in the 1st week of Jan, tmost of them are down 50% or more.

http://i17.tinypic.com/82dkg07.jpg

gem.stocks, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  9. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW, GOOG is at $590s in premarket, right in that white area I mentioned. This is a 15 minutes breakout, if it can hold 585, 30 minutes breakout could push it to the resistence of $600.

[​IMG]

10. shaila

shaila Guest

Best Answers:
    That's good gem but I did not understand the chart. Can you explain it?

shaila, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  11. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically, you watch a few indicators... from my experience, you should watch one TA indicator such as stochatic or RSI. Depends on your timeframe to get in and get out. Buy only when TA indicator is at the bottom (10-20% range) and sell at 80-90% range. There is a Bollinger band on the price chart, when the price is moving away from the lower Bollinger and the TA indicator is at 10-20%, chances are, time to BUY, if it starts to move up, you are looking at the price touches the the TOP of the Bollinger band to get out, of course, the TA indicator is also at 80-90% level. The Bollinger band in this chart is the thin white line. The TA indicator is at the bottom of the chart. This is a 15 minutes timeframe. Many traders use 3-5 minutes timeframe, funds are using 15-30-60 timeframe or different charts like tick/volume charts etc.

There is a SLING Shot play (http://www.dacharts.com) on this chart, search dacharts.com, which is from 550 to $595.

[​IMG]

12. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know about everyone else but I've turned a nice profit on GOOG over the past few days. I'm not any kind of stock expert but when solid companies are getting slammed for what I would consider no good reason it's time to buy. GOOD in my uneducated opinion is one of those companies.

GuyFromChicago, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  13. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    Doesn't quite like GOOG's last candle - a cross Doji formation on 1 million shares tick chart, it indicates indecision to move up after went up $70 points.

These red lines were market profile prices - top, bottom, average price levels from previous sessions.

[​IMG]

14. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    Doji candle formation has been a very powerful price indicator, itself doesn't mean much - just indecisions among the buyers and sellers - but the price usually preceeds a signficant move thereafter in the next couple sessons - when the decision is made, it will be trend changing. This is a stock I bought yesterday at 0.40s and it is up 26% today. Yesterday, someone asked me what stock to buy on this board, I suggested to him to take a look at PUDC.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.asp?message_id=26239808

Look at these Doji candles - have been a reliable indicator.

[​IMG]

15. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    See where GOOG is heading to:

[​IMG]

16. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    I made a bundle over the last week. While you're correct about buying stocks when they get slammed, you might also want to have a look at this book by Charles Caes, Tools of the Bear: How Any Investor Can Make Money When Stocks Go Down....

http://www.amazon.com/Tools-Bear-Investor-Money-Stocks/dp/1883272203

If anybody caught my tips on this thread when GOOG was about to dip below $600 and followed until it hit $550, you could have walked away with $5K+ this week like I did. ;)

Bryce, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  17. FunkyFresh

FunkyFresh Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^nice, glad to hear some people got out of this downfall with some money!

I am starting to look at stock now but google is wayy too expensive for me right now, they need to split so more poeple can afford it

FunkyFresh, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  18. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Everything I have read indicates they have no plans to split.

GuyFromChicago, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  19. Bryce

Bryce Peon

Best Answers:
    They won't split because they're trying to play Berkshire Hathaway :)

Bryce, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  20. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not put ETFC on your radar? Etrade won't go BK, their main business has shifted back to brokeage. They had earnings out this morning, I got a very positive message from them very early today. If you hold ETFC for a few years, you could laugh all the way to the bank for a buy at $3s, and you might look for this message and say "Man, wish I did" :)