1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GOOG Stock

Discussion in 'Google' started by GuyFromChicago, Jan 16, 2008.

1. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    I just buy small blocks on it's way down. The bulk of what have was bought far, far, far below where it's at right now so I'm still up regardless.

Current: http://finance.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=GOOG

GuyFromChicago, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  2. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    GOOG last time trade was $541.45. Unbelievable, it was $700 2 weeks ago.

dmi, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  3. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    GOOG hit $519 and started to bounce...

[​IMG]

gem.stocks, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  4. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    One of the killer tools I've been using is market profile - price by volume or what ever you can call it. The market profile gives you a very good estimate on where the support and resistence is. The pivot or Point of Change on my chart is that purple line right around $519, this one has been shown when GOOG was at $600 :) Pivot of Change is where 90% of big $$$$$ bought GOOG in the past year.

[​IMG]

gem.stocks, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  5. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    Although GooG found support at $519 and closed at $548, that was still a 6% loss today alone.

I think that on the next whisper of bad news, G is rather likely to break through $519 if for no reason than just to pick up all the stops.

/*tom*/

longcall911, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  6. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    When Google hits around 500 pack it up and LONG it.

Shazz, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  7. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Like I said once, I'm no expert to trading stock markets... but CLOSING AT 300+ Points today! Very impressive if you ask me... ;)

BusinessMinded08, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  8. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Google after hours trade point to a rise of slightly less than 1%, but it is really a roller coaster ride on the stock market these days.

wisdomtool, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  9. pennytrader

pennytrader Active Member

Best Answers:
    It will come back up. Just part of the overall market dip right now.

pennytrader, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  10. Snoopy_WG

Snoopy_WG Guest

Best Answers:
    Gem, what's your take this morning? I was hoping it would go down to around 525 or 500 before I got in, but looks like there might be support around 555...

Snoopy_WG, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  11. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, you were getting greedy too :) This market is acting up......it has a higher low, expect to see higher high, could see a nice going in the last two hours, IMHO.

gem.stocks, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  12. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    Based on 15 minutes chart, this is where GOOG is heading to - the white line by tomorrow.

[​IMG]

13. Snoopy_WG

Snoopy_WG Guest

Best Answers:
    Which white line? Have we bottomed out yet?

14. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    Of couse to the upside :)

Based on the daily chart, yes, it is bottomed for now on this round. It has formed a nice Doji candlestick today. It signaled the selling has stopped for the moment, also look at the bottom of the TA indicator - RSI crossed up at the bottom. Next big resistence is $598 the red line.

[​IMG]

15. Snoopy_WG

Snoopy_WG Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm in: 20 shrs at $572.74... Let's see what happens...

16. lawless87

lawless87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am so sick right now! I had a chance to buy there stock for 85.00 a few years ago and decided to past on it, I could have been a millionaire...

lawless87, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  17. Snoopy_WG

Snoopy_WG Guest

Best Answers:
    You and everyone else... :)

18. amaze

amaze Active Member

Best Answers:
    gem.stocks what software are you using? I have always wanted to have a "play" around with the stocks, but I hear its all about the software... Do you recommend any books or sites to get me into stocks for a novice?

amaze, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  19. ricdes

ricdes Peon

Best Answers:

same thing here :)

ricdes, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  20. gem.stocks

gem.stocks Peon

Best Answers:
    As you know, there are two camps when talk about stocks. One camp is pure fundamental type - sell if P/E is at high level, buy when P/E is at an attractive low level. The fundamental camp are long-term folks, they really don't look at chart at all. Entry and exit maybe once in a couple years.

Another camp is technical camp, they look at the charts and buy and sell purely based on the looks of the charts and indicators. They know fundamentals are the sources to move up or down price, but these sources are all exposed on the chart naked, so doesn't need to know what the company does or what P/E ratio is. It is all about math, colors, trends, and triangles, sort of like Google Adwords.

Several years ago, I used to trade Index futures (mainly ER2/Russell 2000), I used a program called Ensign, at http://www.ensignsoftware.com this is the BEST charting software in the world, if you want to learn anything about read chart and make chart, you can find anything at their website. Through the years, I have learnt a lot from Howard from his simplicity of charting - because all indicators are derived from the price and time, sometimes, just look at the price and draw triangles/trends would be good enough. There are many die-hard Ensign funs out there discuss nothing but various new features of Ensign. In the past, everyday, I went to http://www.dacharts.com and join their chat rooms, it is sort of like what I am doing now at digitalpoint. http://www.dacharts.com have many good readings and articles on how to make charts, what works and what not, you can definitely learn a lot from there.

Though I am not trading the fast moving Index futures and no longer use Ensign, but I've developed very TA skills, use these skills apply to slow moving stock market is so much easier. Now I am using a free charting software called quotetracker http://www.quotetracker.com , all these charts I posted are drawn from this freebie software in real time. You do need real time data feeds from brokers like Ameritrade etc to make real time charts.

If you are looking for free ebooks on technical analysis, check out John Murphy's Technical Analysis for Financial Markets, this book is called the TA God . I have both the hard copy and the ebook. The financial market is nothing but a psychological game and filled with emotions. If you want to learn how to play the financial market - my first suggestion is NO, if you really want to check it out, I suggest you read Dr. Alexlander's Trading for A Living or Come to My Trading Room. You can find both ebooks from the Internet.

I know there is a website called something like trading naked or naked trading, over that website, they have many ebooks on technical analysis, most of them related to Woodie's CCI. I used to go to Woodie's CCI chat room too when I traded futures.

The financial market is dynamic, complex, and changing fast, so there is nothing works all the time. Charting is a fitting game, use the historical data to find the curves, looking to see if there is a three point trend and follow it, playing support and resistence for entry and exit is the MAIN part of the game, no greedy when it's up and no fear when it's down.

If you guys think there is a good interest on this area, I can start a whole website to talk nothing but stocks and charting, you guys get the traffic, we share adsense revenue :)

Right now, I am posting on two different financial websites. Made about 10000 posts on one site and 5000 posts on another, most of them are with charts and comments on different stocks, so they're "unique contents" LOL.

I do have many good stock tips, in fact, I posted a tip on another thread on digitalpoint, it was about how I turned pennies to $1000 in a month or two. It seems none bothered to read it :)

Okay, found my post about this topic I posted:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=602198&highlight=reverse+split

Does this forum has spell checker? I need to check my English spelling (it's my 2rd language)