1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Goodbye Sitepoint...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by rocky, May 18, 2004.

1. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems like a pretty stupid rule to me. Why cut off your nose to spite your face. The Internet is built on links to interesting and relevant material. If your forum is about, and related to, the Internet is seem positvely retrograde to forbid links.

compar, Jun 20, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They do allow links, just not self-promotional links.

digitalpoint, Jun 20, 2004 IP
  3. SEO_AM

SEO_AM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aspen, are you saying there is no "Google conspiracy"? What will some members write about if this is true? :eek:

SEO_AM, Jun 20, 2004 IP
  4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Aspen, why don't you go to Search Engine Watch and catch up to the headlines, read Danny Sulivan's series of articles on Paid inclusion, then after reading these 3 articles, go back to the website I published on the traffic redirection to Adsense at www.webcenter.squarespace.com

Tell us all if you see a pattern between the website above and Danny's articles on the paid inclusion issues.

You guy's like to sit around the SEO roundtable and talk about content and members of forums, why don't you guy's also finally realize that I have been right all along about what you call trolling.

Maybe one day some of these "so called moderators" will wake up and see the light. They can not control current events, but damm well should have some editorial integrity by not censoring content that they may not approve of.

That is what you did Aspen, deleted very hot threads that you perceived to be getting a little to close to the truth about real issues.

Since I had back up from major media outlets for my ideas, you decided to delete entire threads, not one, but many threads at the same time.

You even deleted the thread on "The Integrity of Sitepoint Members" that was started on this censorship issue by a member after you thought you banned me, when I responded to that thread you came on and deleted that thread, I wonder what that member thought about you Aspen?

You gave me no chance to respond Aspen, now you come here when you stopped discussion at Sitepoint? You really can not justify any of your actions Aspen, other than you were protecting Google on the Forum circut.

Why did you censor those threads Aspen? The editorial integrity of Sitepoint is damaged, you know that. That is why you are here now, I know that.

As I recall, when self promotion was disallowed on Sitepoint, entire threads were not deleted but the live links were removed, you deleted many threads at one time Aspen, can you explain that?

If you and your group of Moderators that sit at the SEO Roundtable think they can control the comments of webmasters and members of the internet community, you really have no idea of how the online community works.

Slashdot thinks they can censor also, but does that mean that the messages will not get out in this day of millions of blogs.

There are 10 webmaster forums opening up everyday Aspen, how you and your group of moderator friends think they will stop free speech online in this day and age is really something to wonder about for the internet community.

anthonycea, Jun 20, 2004 IP
  5. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    anthony - if you want to rehash issues on another forum with Aspen, please do it in PM. This conversation really has no value to to this forum.

6. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    And the same can be said to Aspen who was never an active member here and seems to have come looking for Anthony.

compar, Jun 20, 2004 IP
  7. SEO_AM

SEO_AM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Touche' :cool:

SEO_AM, Jun 20, 2004 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well in fairness, if you look back at the beginning of the thread, anthony made some comments that were begging for him to come to defend himself.

Either way, I'd rather this topic not continue publicly. I've already told anthony if he has a personal issue with Aspen or SitePoint, to take it up privately with them.

9. aspen

aspen Peon

Best Answers:
    We do not want self promotion to be someone's motivation for posting or participating. You get much higher quality posts when they are not motivated by self promotion.

We allow signatures because its a good way to judge who you are talking to. If you are familiar with someone's work you better know if you should listen to them on a topic or not. Compare that to WebmasterWorld with no signatures and you have nothing but post count to judge someone on.

aspen, Jun 21, 2004 IP
  10. aspen

aspen Peon

Best Answers:
    We do not allow flames. Your post was off topic and nothing but a personal attack, it was removed.

If you keep defaming me across the Internet I'll have to respond. Either stop or get used to it.

When a thread is noticed immediately the whole thing is removed. Your threads were not notice immediately and some people replied. I had to remove the whole thing though because had I just removed the link it would not have made any sense. People were discussing your article, without your article it would have been very confusing. If you had made new posts that outlined your issue without linking to your site they would not have been removed until your inevitable flaming of those who did not believe in your conspiracies.

I won't respond to you anymore in this thread in deference to Shawn.

aspen, Jun 21, 2004 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Will always be willing to discuss issues with you Aspen, maybe I can come on your forum and discuss these things with you.

Shawn does not want you and I hashing this out here, I think he has made that clear.

So I wish you the best, but I think you will never be a fair moderator on any forum. This is the last time I will address you at Digital Point.

anthonycea, Jun 21, 2004 IP