1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good webhost for Ecommerce.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by kogepan, Nov 20, 2007.

Hey everyone,
    I'm wondering which webhost would be suitable for ecommerce. We run an online store and we're hosted with Startlogic. And we are sick and tired of this host! There were down times and we weren't able to get any kind of support! During one of those downtimes our site was out for the whole day! It was just horrible!!

Anyways since our 2 years contract is coming to an end in a couple months we thought it's time to move to a new host. We are looking for a host that's stable and provide good support. (well who doesn't) So we were looking at Hostgator as many have suggested in DP.

Anyone wanna give their advice? Or suggestion?

Thanks in advance :)

kogepan, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  2. bytestor

bytestor Peon

Best Answers:
    Lunarpages is doing good.

bytestor, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  3. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree bytestor, my Lunarpages plan has been great too. Kopegan, you will be happy with hostgator or lunarpages check into both and see which fits your specific needs best. Are there any other hosts you are looking at?

micksss, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  4. InFloW

InFloW Peon

Best Answers:
    Well my advice is stick to a shorter term than 2 years. That's a long time to be with the same host especially if you haven't already been with them for quite a while. These days you're moving hosts a lot more so it's best to not be stuck just due to the long term.

InFloW, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  5. kogepan

kogepan Peon

Best Answers:
    We did look into Dreamhost but reviews from DP was so-so. We did consider the Hostgator for maybe 2 years terms. But it is a good point from InFlow where sticking to a long term contract isnt the best idea. Lots of decision, since this is our first time moving from 1 host to another we want to get another webhosting soon and get started on the moving process.

Any other suggestions?

O thanks micksss and bytestor for suggesting Lunarpages we will look into that as well.

kogepan, Nov 20, 2007 IP
  6. RingBoxer

RingBoxer Peon

Best Answers:
    RingBoxer, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  7. kogepan

kogepan Peon

Best Answers:
    Well we looked into Hostgator in details and it seemed pretty good. Our old hosting will expire on June so that's gonna give us a few more months to decide. Although Hostgator does offer a very good coupon right now (20% off coupon)

kogepan, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  8. kogepan

kogepan Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually we did more research and apparently Hostgator is blocked by China. Now it would be more preferable if our new host is not blocked by any country. I guess we will have to take more time into looking for a web host.

kogepan, Nov 21, 2007 IP
  9. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If it is blocked by the Chinese government, then I think other web hosts are as well, aren't they? Or you can test this with someone from China.

andrej, Nov 21, 2007 IP