1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good Shared Web Hosting For Under $1,-/month Possible?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Styling Designs, Mar 30, 2014.

I am looking for many cheap shared hosting accounts with different companies and thus different C-Class IP´s.

Does anyone have a list with good cheap hosting providers that offer cPanel or DirectAdmin and a script installer like Installatron, Softalicious or Fantastico for under $1,- a month?

Not looking for the best quality but reliable normal hosting accounts for the best price to increase IP diversification and need to be able to run (multiple preferably) Wordpress sites without any problems.

Styling Designs, Mar 30, 2014 IP
  2. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I would say its unlikely, although all my previous hosts I have found on WHT. I've had a few $20 a year accounts, although usually for backups or feeder websites.

-bank-, Mar 31, 2014 IP
  3. Shreyas Deshmukh

Shreyas Deshmukh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would personally recommend you just Google it one keyword " $1 Web Hosting "
    you will get plenty of best one of the best web hosting companies on Google page no.1 which provides you prompt service, having almost 99.9% Uptime on an average. As per my experience I would tell you choose from these 4 web hosting companies, Hostripples, Waxspace, Dollar2host, Hostica
    All the best

Shreyas Deshmukh, Apr 1, 2014 IP
  4. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Short and simple advice - I can understand your desire to get the cheapest hosting possible, however just leave all expectations of reliability. I am not bashing the $1 hosts in any way, however the hosting services have their costs. If a provider is providing this service on a severely low price then they either compensate with ridiculously low server resources, blatantly overselling or the company owner is a big fan of charity and doesn't mind working at a loss :) ...and this is without even talking about quality Customer Support...simply forget about that.

Still, for a very small site with little importance you can give someone a try, but that would be my limit to it.

Rado_ch, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  5. Afsary Junaid

Afsary Junaid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Gogetspace.com. They are offering $1 Class C IPs right now.

Afsary Junaid, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  6. loedown

loedown Member

Best Answers:
    I'd stay away from the $1 hosts.. Just go with ipage of fatcow for discounted hosting.

loedown, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  7. wisdomtool

wisdomtool Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Unless you are hosting hundreds of thousands of sites and benefit from automation, economy of scale as well as minimal support as well as overselling and you also have to be lucky that only a very small minority overuse the resources, you will not make it, those $1/mth hosting are transient hosting companies, come in as fast and go out even faster.

wisdomtool, Apr 13, 2014 IP
  8. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    The more probable cost of a monthly cPanel shared hosting account with an auto installer is around the $5 range but if you sign up for long term 3 year contracts the saving will be substantial. The issues with free hosting and too good to be true rates are that you will find in most cases the servers are not reliable and support is not dependable.

JPC-Sabrina, Apr 14, 2014 IP
  9. Styling Designs

Styling Designs Member

Best Answers:
    In the Neherlands I have lots of €1,-/month hostings which work fine so I cannot see why in other countries it cannot be done.

Styling Designs, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  10. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe because people have different needs, not to mention that diffferent countries have different running costs for data-centers. I pay around €10 every month for a relatively decent Norwegian host, but that's shared hosting, albeit with shell access and full freedom, and no restrictions on traffic and such. Cheapest I've found here is around €4-5 a month, minimum, and those are really bare-bone shared-hosting servers.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  11. HostNurse

HostNurse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, if you want to host with a reliable web hosting provider, you need to increase your budget.

HostNurse, Apr 16, 2014 IP
  12. SeerKan

SeerKan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What are your space/traffic and location requirements ? Our packages are usually from 20 e/year but if you don't need much space/traffic we could make a special package for you.

SeerKan, Apr 17, 2014 IP
  13. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If you google for "SEO hosting" often you can find people offering you multiple c class IP's. This might be one way to solve your problem, whilst also having all your sites under "1 roof" so to speak.

matt_62, Apr 27, 2014 IP
  14. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    I want unlimited disk space, hook me up with that :D
    And when I say Unlimited, I want exactly that, I want to upload Terabytes and Terabytes of data and meet no boundaries because, after all, space is Unlimited right...

...don't take my sarcasm personally, I am just yet to see how any host can clearly justify no limitations on something that can physically be measured ;)

Rado_ch, Apr 29, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  15. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to the company TOS, The user will receive unlimited disc space, but the number of files on the server will be limited to 200,000. The number of MySQL data bases is unlimited, but their total size shouldn’t exceed 3Gb.

In most hosting reviews the real resources indicated in Bluehost TOS are given like a company disadvantage. To tell the truth, it is quite enough for an ordinary site to have a database size which will be not more than 3 GB, moreover, 200 000 files will be also sufficient for your domain.

To find out the average database size on the server, we took three most popular types of forums:phpBB, vBulletin, Invision Power Board and checked the size of their databases.

It turned out that the average DB size is 10-50 MB, the size of the database second group is between 100 MB - 2 GB, but such databases appear on hosting servers rarely as they may overload Mysql service on the server.

hosting_spec80, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  16. hosting_spec80

hosting_spec80 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bluehost resource section( in the company TOS) is indicated mostly for those clients who buy hosting for file storage and want to use all the server disk space for their only domain name. So, it is quite wise from Bluehost to save itself from such clients and provide unlimited resources for the other customers( who won’t attempt to use much server resources).

hosting_spec80, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  17. dbuilderman

dbuilderman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't suggest signing up to any hosting plan which promises a lot for under $1, most probably that will be crap.
    However, if you're looking for the cheap but reliable solution, I'd recommend to go with EURO-SPACE.net their cheapest plan is from EUR 1.99 /mo. and the service is good.

dbuilderman, Apr 30, 2014 IP
  18. Rado_ch

Best Answers:
    Ok, lets go from here - so the first limitations appear in my UNLIMITED hosting. Going a little more indepth - I have a limitation of 200 000 files. So can I upload 200 000 videos, 1TB each? Because my disk space is still UNLIMITED right? ;)

Rado_ch, Apr 30, 2014 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  19. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Dont laugh, I had a family member come to me for my opinion on this, as they needed more storage, and storing at home and building bigger unraid machines was costing them too much for additional storage, and when I explained that no hosting company could give them that much storage for $5 per month, their response was quite frankly, that everyone should band together and launch a class action against them, and sue them for false advertising.

I will say this. A while back, I brought out a hosting company and took over all of the clients. After I had already agreed to the deal and was in the final stages of completing everything, the former owner admitted that he terminated all clients:
    (a) whenever they reached 1gb bandwidth in any given month.
    (b) whenever they reached 1 gb HDD.
    He never gave warnings.... just terminated them. Nothing about inodes, he just had a secret limit and that was it.

other companies have admitted the same thing to me... one terminated when they reached 500mb HDD, but often they would only do a "clean up" or "termination spree" when the server was full, so yeah, some clients would get away with larger amounts for a while, and be caught out later.

THIS is unlimited.

I admit there are possibly *some* good unlimited companies, one guy I met here does unlimited, and I think he does a great job of it. But the majority of the unlimited companies are just shit.

matt_62, Apr 30, 2014 IP
    WSWD and Rado_ch like this.
  20. dbuilderman

dbuilderman Greenhorn

Best Answers:

I'd not recommend going to any UNLIMITED hosting plans, as actually that's just a marketing trick to attract customers. Nobody allows anyone unlimited resources, even if you upload lot's of big files, you same time using bandwidth, plus server resources which is not advertised as limited per user.
    If you have specific requirements for your project, better to go with the provider which offers specific resources, at least you'd know what you're getting and won't be suspended suddenly.
    Some good, proven companies you'd trust can be found on the independent review sites like cheap-hosting-providers.com etc.

dbuilderman, May 1, 2014 IP