1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good reason not to have a woman as president?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ncz_nate, Jan 7, 2008.

1. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You don't think d16 should read more and get better educated? hm...maybe the two of you will have to fall within her dictates and return to elementary school for a little of the rudimentary abc's.

As to controlling people and forcing them to be like you.....this administration has done a good job of trying to quell disagreement with its positions, brow beating and threatening those who disagreed with it, and generally has been heavy handed with its policies.

I suppose my suggestion that she might force d16 to get educated was a bit too much in the spirit of this administration.

earlpearl, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  2. iul

iul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what the hell are you talking about? Seriously? Where do you come up with this shit? Even in the most backward societyes like isolated african tribes women work and they often work more then men

I always wanted to travel back in time to see how things were back then but it seems that's isn't actually necessary. Can I please visit you to experience the dark ages? Please

iul, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  3. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For you, I say whoever it is, it can't be worse than W.

And for you, I say you are another religous fanatic. There only one little step to blow yourself in a public bus....I hate religeous fanatics...

Codythebest, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  4. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    agreed. there's a lot of women i know who would agree with me, and i know there's a lot who wouldn't..

it all depends on what you believe in, i don't think there's a right or wrong to the opinions in this thread..

ncz_nate, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  5. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, if that works for your household then run with it!

I will never do that though. All final decisions are decided upon mutually between the two of us. But then again, I put that rule in place.....

Here's how my household functions happily: I run EVERYTHING (finances, schedules, housework, etc.) and I do so by choice. He is happy because I make him THINK he's in charge when he's really not.....

Firegirl, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  6. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    so anyone who closely follows his religion is a religious fanatic?

ncz_nate, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  7. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    and that's why i'm not getting married :D

jk, if that works for you then great.

ncz_nate, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  8. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You didn't know that?

Even that guy... err girl... or whatever it is - rosie -- knows that christians are as dangerous as islamic terrorists.

debunked, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  9. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    religious

Religious maybe, not sure what qualifies one as a fanatic, but if wanting to obey the word of god is that, than fine. The bible is very clear on a womans role. Women are to their husbands what the church is to the Christ. And husbands are to love their wives like Christ loves the church

simplyg123, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  10. Codythebest

Best Answers:
    No, not closely.
    word by word, by their own translation, yes, definitely...

11. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    like G said the Bible is clear on the role of women.. there's not really any fanaticism or self-made translations going on..

ncz_nate, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  12. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    Not that it's any kind of scientific evidence weighing in - but gents, don't you find it just a bit curious - the globe has had a host of female heads of state, and as far as I know, this Ole World keeps spinnin' around. The U.S. seems to have a real issue with it. Would it really hurt that bad?

northpointaiki, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  13. ncz_nate

Best Answers:
    the world kept spinnin' during communist russia :D

it's just my opinion.. like i said i'm sure there are women that can lead but people like hillary definitely not.

ncz_nate, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  14. Codythebest

Best Answers:
    As a religious fanatic who blow himself between infidels because his book tells to kill infidels...

So, OK, the Bible says women cannot be above men, cannot lead, cannot go to men's bank...where's the limit? Can they eat at men's table?...Because for some other 'believers', they can't...;)

15. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a traditional American way of doing things, you wouldn't find too many working (outside the house that is) women 100 years ago. Then came Rotschilds with their Communist manifesto and all hell broke lose. 2-income family doesn't come from the Bible or Constitution, it comes from 8th plank to Communist manifesto

demosfen, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  16. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I'm glad you brought this up.

It's 'traditional' here, yet we in the US yell and scream about 'traditions' in other countries.

We also bitch and moan that they should have 'our own democratic' government 'even though we are not a democracy outselves' and try to claim we are the progressive ones, yet in the same breath many of these same people think woman can not lead them, or be over a man. :confused:

I am such a fringe as far as religion goes in the first place, I am or at least consider myself a christian as I was born and raised that way. My family is, I attent weddings, holiday events, etc at church. I have a bible, etc, etc.

Something however like this is something I can not endorse, can not follow, can not believe a 'good religion' would even be for. Yes it might be in the bible, doesn't make it right. I'd rather give up the title of even be a christian before following such crap.

GRIM, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  17. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    not familiar with that belief so i couldnt answer, however if i read in the bible, a that women should not eat at the table with men, than i would have to consider it.

18. Codythebest

Best Answers:
    So the bible discriminates?

19. Valley

Valley Peon

Best Answers:
    Wasn't the bible "assembled" by a caesar in order to gain control over a dying Roman Empire.
    Religion is a method of controlling the masses, whether it is Christinaity or Islam.
    Basically they picked their favourite stories written some suggest 200 years after the death of Christ.
    You just haven't found the right woman yet, but then again you don't need to be the right person to win an election, just the most voted for.
    Elections are won off the chart, not on it so I would argue that the best candidates, men or women, are never the ones put forward. Many leaders some would say are no more than puppets of more powerful people behind, with different agendas

Valley, Jan 7, 2008 IP
  20. simplyg123

Best Answers:
    Thats not for me to question, the bible is the word of God, i presume it to be accurate and true. Who would i be to question Gods words? If stating that that women have no authority over men is discrimination than fine. if that is your definition than i guess it does. However it also lifts women up and exalts her in many ways. To say that the bible discriminates against women, is to say that it also discriminates against the church.