1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good PC for photoshop

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by LazyKev, Jan 4, 2013.

Hi all. I'm looking for a new PC for photoshop. My budget is around £1000. I was looking at this one http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-envy-h8-1485ea-desktop-pc-17392849-pdt.html but some people say I could get a lot better for that kind of money and should really look for a better graphic chip. So my question is does anyone know of a better PC for that sort of money? Is it better to build my own? I've never built one before but how hard can it be? Thanks in advance - Kev

LazyKev, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  2. magpie0322

magpie0322 Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally think that an Apple Mac is the best machine for Photoshop. Although expensive it is quite easy for photoshop and you can load all the CS packages with ease. I am looking for a new mac myself, although I have PCs as well but at the moment cannot afford it until I sell my old mac (G4). I know that PCs are getting better though, but I'm only going on my own experiences.

magpie0322, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  3. alanmark

alanmark Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For graphics such as Photoshop needs a high performance able PC so use external Graphics card and minimum 4 GB Ram and a perfect brand monitor.

alanmark, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  4. Web Design Sri Lanka

Web Design Sri Lanka Peon

Best Answers:
    on Adobe's website and you should find a detailed list of of minimum and recommended system requirements for running Photoshop. best id 4gb and above, but intel recomended.

Web Design Sri Lanka, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  5. chemicalinck

chemicalinck Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    iMac or a Macbook is brilliant when it comes to photoshop or any graphic software for that matter.....Its fast reliable and you get access to a bunch of cool software that are (mostly) designed native for the mac and then ported to the PC. And for some reason, and this is my opinion, i think the mac has better picture quality compared to the pc.

chemicalinck, Jan 15, 2013 IP
  6. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    i agree on this.

jonrod, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  7. shrutisabharwal

shrutisabharwal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Apple Mac is the best machine for Photoshop

shrutisabharwal, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  8. ThePiixelMonster

ThePiixelMonster Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I prefer windows based on the cost effectiveness and ability to upgrade at my leisure but I would recommend either a higher end Intel processor or a reasonably priced AMD one, with at least 4gb or RAM as mentioned above.

Ideally you can get about 8gb very cheap nowadays as well. So I suggest looking into that. You will also need a decent graphics/video card though as well... Have a little shop around as the prices are continuously changing with those things!

I hope this helps in some way. I don't know how much you know about computers otherwise I would have drawn up a full and technical response but this information should be enough to send you on your way to building a decent machine to use with Photoshop.

ThePiixelMonster, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  9. lanotdesign

lanotdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will definitely need

-A fast, quad-core processor
    -Lots of RAM
    -Lots of big, fast hard drives
    -A graphics card that supports GPU-acceleration found in Photoshop CS6

lanotdesign, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  10. Shelley_c

Shelley_c Member

Best Answers:
    I worked with photoshop on an old 6 year old amd machine with 1 gig of ram up until last year. I wouldn't say Apple Mac is the best machine nor would I say a windows based machine is better. If the OP is running a windows based machine obviously i'd suggest sticking with that and getting the windows version and vice versa if he/she happens to own a apple mac.

I'd go further and suggest in purchasing an earlier version of Photoshop to save on money, anything you want to design can most likely be designed with earlier versions (I was using CS2 up till 9-10 months ago) and there was nothing in cs2 that restricted me from designing whatever most design in the latest most expensive version.

I suppose the logic here if your starting out and really want to go for a <insert graphics package here> try the cheaper earlier versions to save on money until you learn and fluent yourself with that software.

Edit: I thought this was another thread. :p Some of the info is applicable here still so will leave it. :p

Shelley_c, Mar 4, 2013 IP
  11. Muggz562

Muggz562 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Saying mac is the best for photoshop is kind of biased. Though MacOS uses little resources, a high end PC that you can built will give you better results.

Muggz562, Mar 6, 2013 IP