1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good legit copyright.

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by lordmenace, Aug 19, 2006.

I am going to start a blog soon, and I have some GREAT ideas. I want to get a real copyright, not the standard BS:

Copyright BLAH BLAH BLAH © 2006 All Rights Reserved

Where can I get a real copyright? I am so serious, I will take people to court for plagiarism or breaching my copyright. If it ever comes to that, I want to have a rock solid case with a REAL copyright.

lordmenace, Aug 19, 2006 IP
  2. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Copyright.gov

Each item will cost you $45, so make sure it's actual worth registering. You can take people to court without registering, but registering adds security and is beneficial.

marketjunction, Aug 20, 2006 IP
  3. Mike S.

Mike S. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you register a domian, you are basically registering all of the content on their as your own, thats why it is taken that if you don't give another author credit for their work, it is implied that it is of your own. Legally registering a copyright is quite worth it, and to be quite honest, I think you can just register the site, and make everything their your own? Not too sure about that one, but any sayings or mottos you want to be yours and only yours, or whatever, register if you want to pay the fee.

Mike S., Aug 21, 2006 IP
  4. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I could be wrong, but I think "mottos" would need to be trademarked, not copyrighted, wouldn't they... like slogans and taglines?

jhmattern, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  5. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    Where does it say (in the law) that by registering a domain you own everything on it? What if you put someone else's content on there? That's not correct.

As to the motto, tagline, et al, that's a trademark issue.

marketjunction, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  6. felix77

felix77 Peon

Best Answers:
    even if uve written a great copy of those great ideas what makes u think they cant rewrite it.. copyright or not..

felix77, Aug 21, 2006 IP
  7. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    A copyright is never about can and can't. It's about adding weight to potential legal cases.

8. Mike S.

Mike S. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't spefically say it, but it is often implied that if you own a website, and place "Copyright Yoursite.com" on it, you are stating that you own the rights to that. As of what you are saying, I can go to any newspaper, and steal it? No. Newspaper companies don't copyright every bit and peice of their articles, and yet if I didn't give them credit I am liable to a lawsuit.

Mike S., Aug 21, 2006 IP
  9. marketjunction

Best Answers:
    I think you misunderstood me. Your initial post lack specificity. It just said:

My point was that I could "register" a domain and fill it with content from other sources. Registering a domain has nothing to do with anything as far as content in the virtual space is concerned.

In your second post, you added "place a" copyright notice on the site. That's better.

As far as the OP is concerned, placing a copyright notice on your content is a must. Registering is a bit pricey if your content is not really worth it.