1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good Idea - Bad Idea... Moving from Joomla to Wordpress for web dev?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Nick D., Dec 24, 2012.

So I've been using and developing in Joomla for years now but have never ventured into Wordpress... one of the comments I keep on getting from some of our peers is that developing in WP is SOOOO much easier and just a better experience overall, but my argument has always been scalability of Joomla. Who here has moved from Joomla to WP or vise versa - and what has your experience actually been?

N

Nick D., Dec 24, 2012 IP
  2. techbrain

techbrain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Wordpress and Joomla both are different type of CMS, Wordpress is growing speedy so it will be great if you can learn wsordpress as well, Now its depends on your website development requirement and based on that you can decide what will be the best solution either Joomla or Wordpress and go ahead accordingly.

techbrain, Dec 26, 2012 IP
  3. Holopainen

Holopainen Banned

Best Answers:
    good idea, definitely! I may sound too pushy, but I shared your views completely and was a bit lazy to start all over again with new CMS. I am not sure I'd ever move, if I hadn't come across a good offer for free migration - like you get your content moved in minutes and then you get the feel of your old site in the new surroundings, and I loved it, and never regret.
    BTW, if you ever decide to more, check out Cms2CMs, maybe they still do free migrations.

Holopainen, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  4. tushonline

tushonline Member

Best Answers:
    Agree completely. WordPress is growing big time - so big that I never imagined I would learn WP dev and end up being busy too much.

Error establishing a database connection :)

tushonline, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  5. traxport121

traxport121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress has a larger community to support it.

traxport121, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  6. romie_24

romie_24 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello Nick D.

As you are using joomla,myself using wordpress from last 5 years and daily i am learning new. i use wordpress because of its SEO friendly,easy to manage,many free resources available and much more.

Using some tweak,i can make any kind of website using wordpress.wordpress community support also fantastic.Just use once,its great

romie_24, Jan 8, 2013 IP
  7. links123

links123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    WordPress is a very good CMS it is very easy to manage and facilitate content in it. It is SEO friendly. Development is very easy in it.

links123, Jan 23, 2013 IP