1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good Hotel Affiliate Program?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Justilien, Nov 13, 2005.

I am looking for a solid hotel affiliate program to complement a travel section of one of my sites. Can anyone recommend ones they have had a good experience with (or ones to stay away from...pm me these)? Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, looking for a solid travel insurance affiliate.

Justilien, Nov 13, 2005 IP
  2. tfbpa

tfbpa The....Alive

Best Answers:
    I'd definetaly go with WCT, http://www.wctravel.com/

Have been with them for 2 years now and their payout rates, service level, reporting tools are all great. Really don't have anything bad to say about these guys.

I've also tried Travelnow.com, but the reporting tool is none existing, payout rates are less, service is actually quit good, but nonetheless overall less than WCT.

WCT=Travelocity.com
    Travelnow=hotels.com

tfbpa, Nov 13, 2005 IP
  3. bookman

bookman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks.?click=1 sale

bookman, Nov 13, 2005 IP
  4. DanHall

DanHall Guest

Best Answers:
    Wow, I never even thought of a Hotel Affiliate Program.

DanHall, Nov 14, 2005 IP
  5. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi again Dan,

Actually hotels and other travel type affiliate programs are pretty hot, but of course also competitive.

I have heard IAN.com is good and includes Travelnow, hotels.com and several others all in one program. tfbpa seems to have tried both and prefers wctravel.com though.

5starAffiliates, Nov 17, 2005 IP
  6. Moneyfolk

Moneyfolk Peon

Best Answers:
    Which affiliates allow you to customize your ads towards specific destinations? I think this is an important factor in conversion.

Also how do you drive traffic to your website? Adwords campaign?

Moneyfolk, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  7. idolw

idolw Peon

Best Answers:
    depends on the area of the world.
    in europe i would recommend:
    activehotels.com - for UK
    bookings.org - for benelux and northern part of europe
    venere.com - for italy and mediterranean

idolw, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  8. Contentczar

Contentczar Guest

Best Answers:
    Wctravel.com is great, especially their affiliate section/reporting area.

Contentczar, Dec 7, 2005 IP
  9. tfbpa

tfbpa The....Alive

Best Answers:
    Idolw made some valid points and is quite right. Especially like Bookings.

World Choice Travel and IAN are better for north american oriented sites.

tfbpa, Dec 8, 2005 IP
  10. Moneyfolk

Moneyfolk Peon

Best Answers:
    Does anyone know whether they allow you to customize your ads as far as specific departure areas and destinations? For example if you have a page on New York - you may only want to show deals departing from New York, etc?

I would prefer not to just post a banner....

Thanks in advance.

Moneyfolk, Dec 9, 2005 IP
  11. SB Marketing

SB Marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I use WCT and there good for small to large scale websites. They give you room to grow if you have time ad programing skills you can make a heck of a travel site.

SB Marketing, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  12. livingearth

livingearth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is considered a good payout rate?

livingearth, Oct 13, 2007 IP
  13. spiritus

spiritus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bookings.com seem to be ok.

They allow you to customise right down to specific hotels if necessary. You can also choose cities, countries etc

spiritus, Jan 9, 2008 IP
  14. martani

martani Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you mean booking.com? [ Bookings.com is a parked domain]
    Is it easy to be their affiliate?
    As for WTC, I'm affraid cannot meet their requirements (eg You are confident your minimum sales will include no fewer than 40 hotel or airline bookings per month).

martani, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  15. eddieteo

eddieteo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been an affiliate with WCT since the late 90's. I can say their back-end team is second to none. Be prepared to work hard at doing up your sites if you want to make money out of the affiliate system. They do have XML interface for those who can use it, but I am never a fan of XML.

I do know many successful WCT affiliates, having met them during the regional meetups and conferences.

As for Travelnow, I dump them for WCT.. :D

eddieteo, May 25, 2008 IP
  16. nonyf

nonyf Guest

Best Answers:
    Absolutely try Commission Junction - they're the leading network for travel affiliates. Especially in the hotel niche, the Commission Junction network offers an incredible line up of affiliates.

Commission Junction is partnered with booking engine affiliates that include HotelClub, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelWorm, and more.

Specific hotel group affiliates range from Intercontinental Hotel Group, Accor Hotels, Westin Hotels, & the Sheraton Group to Best Western. Very recently IHG (largest hotel chain worldwide) which includes Holiday Inn, Hilton and others released a product version of their affiliate links allowing you to advertise specifically for ANY single hotel in their entire chain (4,000+ in total) with distinct tracking links, pictures, etc. avaliable for each hotel.

Vaction style affiliates like Marriott's Vacation program are also avaliable in addition to European hotel booking sites like "hotelopedia." Hostel affiliates like HostelWorld are avaliable if you're looking to target the college or student market. Finally, top notch indidual hotels are avaliable (e.g. Wynn Las Vegas affiliate program).

All of these offer top creatives and promotional deals and coupons are open to affiliates. For these reasons I believe the Commission Junction hotel recourses are the best open to affiliate marketers and hope you will find this helpful. I really believe that they will help suit your needs in this area. Let us know how it goes!

Best & Take Care!

nonyf, May 25, 2008 IP
  17. axa777

axa777 Peon

Best Answers:
    How do you start with WCT if they have "40 hotel or airline bookings per month" restriction?
    I'm interested mostly in promoting cruises and hotels...
    I want to switch from art.com affiliate program to WCT.
    For some reason art.com stopped helping affiliates, most of their datafeed files are empty and thousands of visitors from my website are not considered to be 'unique' anymore

Any help with WCT would be appreciated!

axa777, May 31, 2008 IP
  18. tptnyc

tptnyc Peon

Best Answers:
    tfbpa Thanks for WCT info.
    But I guess If you sign up with Expedia thru CJ one can have all options like hotels and cruises as well besides the airbookings. (BTW hotels.com I suppose is owned by Expedia)

tptnyc, May 31, 2008 IP
  19. tfbpa

tfbpa The....Alive

Best Answers:
    You can also have these options with both Travelnow/IAN/Hotels.com and WCT/Travelocity.com, but if you prefer to just use banners instead of a complete website with hotel/cruise/air content, CJ is doable.

As for help with WCT, just send them an email and they will respond in a day or two.

tfbpa, Jun 17, 2008 IP
  20. eddieteo

eddieteo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Having been with WCT for more than 8 years, what I can say is they filter out affiliates who signs up "for fun". If you have decent traffic into your site, I am quite sure you can fulfill their requirements of the minimum nos. of bookings. If you are concern about the requirements, but are serious about joining them, send them an email, tell them the situation and see what they say.

At least with WCT, I get my commissions, unlike the others. And like they say, we build your brand, not ours, which is very very true. :)

eddieteo, Jun 17, 2008 IP