1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good engagement, no conversions.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Iedwards, Sep 3, 2017.

I'm running Ads on Facebook to a niche t-shirt Shopify store. I ran a PPE ad to mature my pixel and now I'm running conversion ads for view content and add to cart. I'm fairly certain I have a good product to customer match based on the engagement I have been getting. However, I'm not getting any sales. I have decent conversion optimization on my site (exit opt-ins, discount etc.), I just can't figure out why I'm not getting sales. Does engagement not mean good product fit? The niche is one that targets a very relevant issue at the moment. What am I missing? Thanks!

Iedwards, Sep 3, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What about Adwords? Did you have any success with it?

qwikad.com, Sep 3, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've got an event to go this Saturday, saw an ad for theme related t shirts and thought I'd get one. Found the shirt, size, colour etc and looked at delivery - they could guarantee I'd get it on Friday but didn't clarify if they meant my Friday or America's Friday. Our business days don't overlap - for instance, right now I'm at work on Monday but I bet you're still doing Sunday.

Could it be that the delivery just isn't quick enough to keep pace with the issues? I'm thinking if it's politics anything other than #maga and #resist are out of date by the time they're delivered.

sarahk, Sep 3, 2017 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hello Kitties and Unicorns are always in demand.

qwikad.com, Sep 3, 2017 IP
  5. trustmytips

trustmytips Banned

Best Answers:
    i see 2 potential problems maybe..
    1st: you are not keeping the promise between the creative and its offer (fb ad) vs the actual offer on the landing page
    2nd: Your conversion funnel is too long, cookies give up/abandon (try a guest checkout)
    3rd: Delivery fees...

trustmytips, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  6. Iedwards

Iedwards Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's a patriotic niche, so there shouldn't be a time difference. I don't think the issue would be out of date yet, it happened a couple weeks ago. I offer a discount on exit, and also I'm using retargeting to offer the discount as well. I'm starting to think maybe the issue is that people are supportive of the message, but they don't want to wear the shirt because it may entice arguments. Originally I thought the patriotic niche (thinking rednecks in my head) wouldn't care about wearing a shirt that would spark controversy, but maybe I'm wrong. That's the only thing I can think of. Thanks for the responses, you guys are much more helpful than the Warriors forum.

Iedwards, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  7. Latic

Latic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What kind of landing page do you have from the click?

If you can provide the link people might be able to give you tips. If its just heading over to your product page it might not be ideal for converting to sales (There is a little bit more convincing to do to the customer before they'll add it to the cart and buy).

Latic, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  8. Iedwards

Iedwards Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've been linking directly to the product page because I figured the less clicks the customer has to make the better. Should I setup a landing page on the home page? And what kind of things do customers need to see on the landing page to be convinced? Do you mean things for social proof like testimonials? I really appreciate the help. My home page right now just includes a banner with a quote, featured products, and an email opt-in in the footer. I'll put up a link when I can.

Iedwards, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  9. Latic

Latic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is a good example of how your shopping cart did it:
    https://instapage.com/blog/how-shopify-uses-landing-pages-to-drive-sales

From what I can see with Shopify some people use optimized product pages and some use full landing pages, some apps are here:
    https://apps.shopify.com/search/query?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=landing+pages

Latic, Sep 4, 2017 IP
  10. Iedwards

Iedwards Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I only have one product up because I was testing this as a new niche. Here's the link to my shop currently.
    https://patriotic-life.myshopify.com/products/dont-tear-down-our-history-t-shirt

The shirt was an idea of a friend, not really my political views, but I thought it might do well given the current political polarization in America.

Iedwards, Sep 5, 2017 IP