1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good Concert Videos

Discussion in 'Movies, Music & TV' started by billzo, Nov 16, 2016.

I enjoy good concert videos I usually find on Youtube, but the problem is wading through all the garbage to find the good stuff. So, perhaps there are others out there who like concert videos and maybe you can help us find more good stuff.

Judas Priest
    I have never been much of a fan of Judas Priest--until I saw this concert video (split up into 3 parts). I went to a Judas Priest concert once many years ago, but me and my friends were only interested in the opening acts. I liked the band's hits you hear on the radio, but I was not wild about most of their songs and didn't care for their mid-80s stuff at all. Turns out that the main reason I didn't care for their earlier stuff is because of the way it was mixed and recorded. Live, Judas Priest's songs are much, much better than on their official albums.

These 3 videos are from Judas Priest's 1983 performance at the US Festival--and it is awesome! The singer's entrance is awesome, the sound is awesome, and the performance is very tight. If you like hard rock or heavy metal, you may enjoy this video. First video is the opening song, the second video is most of the performance with the first and third video removed, and the third video is the song "Screaming For Vengeance" which is played right before "You've Got Another Thing Comin' at 38:20 in the second video.

Enjoy and turn the volume up! It's even better loud!

You can only put 2 videos in a single post, so...

billzo, Nov 16, 2016 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance

billzo, Nov 16, 2016 IP
  3. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer live music over studio recordings - so I could definitely contribute to this thread. What musical genres would you prefer?

Matthew Sayle, Dec 8, 2016 IP
    billzo likes this.
  4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Contribute anything you like. Whatever it is, I am sure somebody will like it. I'm more a classic rock/heavy metal guy myself.

billzo, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  5. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great, I listen to pretty much everything - I'll be sure to throw some up from time-to-time.

Matthew Sayle, Dec 8, 2016 IP
    billzo likes this.
  6. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Megadeth in their prime from 1992 Hammersmith Odeon (hover over the annoying boxes blocking the view to produce the X to close them):

Slayer live in 2004 about 9 years before before co-lead guitarist Jeff Hanneman would sadly die :( (I still remember that day):

billzo, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  7. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Slayer live at am Ring 2007:

Iron Maiden Live Dortmund 1983 (awesome!):

billzo, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Iron Maiden Flight 666 (February - March 2008). Awesome! This is from when Iron Maiden started doing concerts in countries they never been to before because singer Bruce Dickinson is a professional airline pilot (he chose a career outside of music due to his love of flying so Iron Maiden tours every 2 to 3 years) and they leased a large jet and could go wherever they wanted (called Ed Force One). It is nice to see all these large crowds from countries in South America (and perhaps India) turn out for heavy metal from the New Wave of British Heavy Metal after Black Sabbath fell from prominence. (Almost as nice as seeing AC/DC in Argentina and how rabid the fans are in those countries for hard rock.)

I did not start appreciating Iron Maiden until probably 2008 or so, and their contribution to heavy metal long after their heyday (when I was a teenager many of my friends were fans of the band but I was not). Even still, they are cool when they are in their 50s.

Iron Maiden Raising Hell from 1993:

billzo, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  9. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of the all-time classics, Guns N' Roses at the Ritz February 1988 with its original line-up including main songwriter Izzy Stradlin and drummer Steven Adler who would go on to develop a serious drug problem and get kicked out of the band, later suing two members of the band claiming they got him addicted to drugs. Uncensored. The best sound quality I could find. If there is anything better, I will post it.

Another version with different and good sound quality:

billzo, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  10. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Guns N' Roses. Not the best sound quality, but this is the infamous St. Louis show which led to a riot where during "Rocket Queen" Axl Rose spots a fan in the audience with a camera or microphone or something and jumps into the audience to grab it. Getting back on stage, Axl has a hissy fit and stops the show prematurely, slamming his microphone down to the stage (final song). Then the rest of the band leaves, which sparked a riot resulting in an arrest warrant for Axl for "inciting a riot". As Guns N' Roses went on their international tour shortly after the show, Axl evaded arrest for a year. In court, a judge threw out the charge of "inciting a riot" because Axl did not directly incite the riot. A classic in the annals of rock 'n' roll history. Axl gets upset at 1:42:43.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverport_Riot

Motley Crue, Carnival of Sins concert. Other than a few vocal and guitar overdubs (according to Wikipedia) to fix wrong notes (which I hate as I love the mistakes that pros make), the its a full concert. From April 2005 in Michigan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_of_Sins_Live

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    billzo, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  11. Hybirid

Hybirid Member

Best Answers:
    the best concert of Depeche Mode

Hybirid, Jan 19, 2017 IP