1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Good Cheap Affiliate

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by whitekit, Jul 1, 2005.

Hi, I sell several products over the net and my sales have finally jumped to a respectable level. I was wondering if there were any affiliate programs where I could be the publisher and NOT have to pay a setup fee. Like CJ's setup fee is in the thousands. I would prefer that the affiliate and the program take a cut of the sales. Anybody know anything?

whitekit, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  2. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi whitekit,

So you want to be a *merchant* not a publisher, based on what you are saying.

www.shareasale.com is one of the best networks out there and the set-up fee is only $150.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

5starAffiliates, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  3. whitekit

whitekit Peon

Best Answers:
    Yup Im a merchant. Have you used them or are you saying from other people's experience?

whitekit, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  4. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    No I'm an affiliate management consultant. I have one client that just got set up there and know hundreds of affiliates that prefer it. Most of our big merchants like National Geographic are on CJ.

But for smaller programs SAS is always my 1st choice. I've known the company for years and everyone agrees they are the best out of the smaller low cost networks.

5starAffiliates, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  5. whitekit

whitekit Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you. The only thing really holding me back is that they say you have to "insert code" into your sales page. My confirmation shopping cart page is a yahoo generated and I cannot edit it. However it has a continue shopping page that I can edit. What's the code like?

whitekit, Jul 1, 2005 IP
  6. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    I don't know about the code, but I do know that we have set up a lot of affiliate programs for merchants with Yahoo stores. We are manager several right now. I don't do the back end stuff, but there is definately a way to do it. Does not matter what software or network you go with they all require placing a code snippet on your check out page. Maybe it's something you have to get Yahoo to add for you - not sure. Brian the owner of SAS would know and be able to tell you.

5starAffiliates, Jul 2, 2005 IP
  7. stephenmunday

stephenmunday Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Whitekit

I am also a merchant like you and looking for a sensibly priced option. I ruled out shareasale because of the percentage they take from you. I am almost certainly going with IDevAffiliate (http://www.idevdirect.com/) who will host for you as well, if you want. There program seems to be by far the best available in the sensible-price category, and their customer service (in my experience) as been lightning-fast. I mean they have emailed me back with an answer in minutes, not days.

The only thing I can't tell you is what this software is like to use, because I am not set up with it yet. But, I hope my opinion helps. I asked the same question you did a while ago, which is where I heard about this software. Check out the thread here:

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=11334

Hope this helps.

stephenmunday, Jul 3, 2005 IP
  8. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    1stshoppingcart - is popular with publishers. Do not know what happened to their website recently.
    aMember.com - recently introduced multitier affiliate management in their processing software that you can integrate into your existing website.

If you use either of these, please PM me your feedback. I am trying to choose between them.

sadcox66, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  9. ElectronDon

ElectronDon Peon

Best Answers:
    ElectronDon, Jul 6, 2005 IP
  10. asr_guy

asr_guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Editing a "continue shopping" page might not work as it could be called from other events so you'd mess up the crediting. If you need to swap out your shopping cart AND get an affiliate program, then consider 1shoppingcart.com as they have some basic affiliate tracking features.

I agree re Shareasale as one of the best that they are well respected. They are also very against parasites, so as a merchant you know your affiliates are getting credit for their hard work. They are however a network so if you don't need network features (payment, affiliates on hand) then it's maybe better to go in-house.

Cheers.

asr_guy, Aug 8, 2005 IP