1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gooble vs Bing

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mcmuney, Mar 2, 2013.

How different really are these two search engines. Most of my websites appear on both with similar ranking. However, with the exception on site, which is somewhat of an authority site considered by Google, but completely nowhere to be found on Bing. It's unlisted.

I have submitted the site using Bing webmaster tools, but to no avail.

Any thoughts on this?

mcmuney, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  2. jhorrom

jhorrom Member

Best Answers:
    Bing sucks.

jhorrom, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  3. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    They both have their own ways to index and rank a website. But it's often said that if you rank in google search engines, you will eventually rank in Bing & Yahoo as well.. because their algorithm isn't that far apart.

Submitting a website in webmaster tools doesn't guarantee your site will be indexed by one of the following search engines. You just have to start performing properly On-Page & Off-Page SEO, and you'll find your website listed in no time.

Hope that helps you, and goodluck with your website! :)

coloma21, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  4. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's the thing. This isn't a new site. It has been live since 2007 and has 252K pages indexed by Google. Listed Top10 for many popular key phrases with high competition. If onpage and offpage SEO isn't proper, it wouldn't be on Google either. I can't figure out why it isn't on Bing. I know Bing comes a distant second to Google, but I'd like to get traffic from all possible sources.

mcmuney, Mar 2, 2013 IP
  5. blackmoss

blackmoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can try submitting your URL to Bing and Yahoo webmaster for indexing although they take a much longer time to be indexed especially Yahoo.

blackmoss, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  6. Serp Creation

Serp Creation Member

Best Answers:
    The main difference is of 85% and 15% from search engine point of view..

Serp Creation, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  7. shubhambarot

shubhambarot Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    google was, is and will best forever for seo

but no guarantee in bing.

but both are helpful in seo.
    google make fresh and regular changes in its search engines but bing is still not struggling.....

shubhambarot, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  8. karthick9

karthick9 Member

Best Answers:
    Both Google and Bing are of equal importance. We cant split up separably. Both are having importance of their own

karthick9, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  9. blackmoss

blackmoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say if both your sites are ranked first on Google and Bing, your total traffic would be 95% from Google and 5% from Bing. There just isn't that many people using Bing and Yahoo as compared to Google, which is why everyone is focusing on Google as their main traffic source.

If you rank well on Google, chances are you will also rank well on Bing and Yahoo.

blackmoss, Mar 3, 2013 IP
  10. Girishjones

Girishjones Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I Bing is not Powerfull comparision to Google as a search ENgine but Bing Is Also a nic search ENgine..But in Recent Time Google is Best.

Girishjones, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  11. mcmuney

mcmuney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand that Google is the leader and I don't question it, but I also have sites where I get very little traffic from Google and more from Bing. In any case, it can't hurt to be on both. I'm just puzzled that this particular site being so old and having some authority in the niche is not even indexed on Bing. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm very close to giving up. Bing has been crawling my pages, but not indexing them. I might have to hire someone in the future who's a SEO expert for Bing, when Bing has a larger market share.

mcmuney, Mar 8, 2013 IP