1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Goo Tube - Google buys Youtube for $1.6 billion

Discussion in 'Google' started by mad4, Oct 6, 2006.

1. James Woods

James Woods Banned

Best Answers:
    Uh, they won't.

they are keeping the two seperate for a few reasons, two being that if they change the name then it could ruin the userbase and because the site is sue-city, and they don't want to attach their name to it. Smart really.

BTW they didn't give them cash, they gave them stock, so these two idiots could still stand to lose a lot of money from this.

James Woods, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  2. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Are you the real James Woods?

just trying to figure out what would an actor do in a webmaster forum :confused: :eek:

yeah such deals are usually done in stocks google's relevancy sucks lately, but google is bringing lots of cool new services, so hard to say if they'll lose or not .. :)

DomainMagnate, Oct 17, 2006 IP
    Pammer likes this.
  3. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Pammer, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  4. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if they get 30% of 1.65 bilion I dont see how that would be possible...

IamNed, Oct 17, 2006 IP
  5. idotcom

idotcom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think google sucks for trying to steal the video market. I hope youtubers flame on this and dump youtube/google. Now would be the time for someone else to start or launch a video alternative...

I will buy a bottle of crystal to celebrate if this stock for stock transaction kicks google in the ass. Those damn monopolizing fools. FOCUS ON SEARCH DAMNIT! I mean... Dogpile beat google?

idotcom, Oct 17, 2006 IP