1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GoingUP trafic tool - NEVER USE IT

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by lbordea, Oct 15, 2009.

:mad: I am so mad right now - I've just discovered that by using the php script for the GoingUp SEO trafic analyser, they were adding hidden links into my website.
    I was so wrong to trust these guys by using their script - so be carefull - I will just rely on Google analytics from now on :(
    This link is what they've added:
    <div style="position: absolute; top: -8000px;" id="4ja3b-ppcn"><a href="SITELINK" title="Data Recovery Software">Data Recovery Software</a></div>
    Code (markup):
    Shame on you, GoingUP!!!!!

Later: I've found that someone else also discovered this: http://www.blogcatalog.com/blog/crankynu/33ebd00c582a53d83c9ac88b604c86ac

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
    lbordea, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  2. gostats

gostats Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, that is a significant find! It is disturbing to see forms of web spam like that - but then to have a company push it out there is worrisome. :(

It's unfortunate that many people may be oblivious to this too. :( It can really harm the site's own trust level with the search engines.

gostats, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  3. lbordea

lbordea Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, I may be even found guilty by G...... because of this!!!

lbordea, Oct 15, 2009 IP
  4. gostats

gostats Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, that's true!

gostats, Oct 20, 2009 IP