1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Going to work

Discussion in 'General Business' started by longroad, Sep 21, 2005.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Keep your eye on the big picture!
    Write down your goals and the strategy to achieve those goals and the best time to quit will become clear.
    It can't be a whimsical thing, nor something you do in the heat of the moment.

sarahk, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  2. entrepreneur7

entrepreneur7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd like to add something. If motivation is what you need, then this book WILL help. Even if you don't need motivation this is a great book to check out.

Even if you just read the first chapter, you're going to want to jump up and get started on whatever you've been putting off for however long.

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill

This book will become one of your favorite very quickly!

-Brian Renner
    entrepreneur7

entrepreneur7, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  3. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Being 16, I quite working. I had some of the best jobs being 15 and 16. The one when I was 15 I was basically in charge with running the show and 16 busing tables making 17.50 an hour. Well let me tell you my adsense paycheck of $150 was alot more rewarding then those $300 paychecks from the other places. I still struggle to fill up the gas tank but always think of a creative way to get it paid for. I'd like to finish up college and know I will never have to work 9-5 after seeing my dad put in a proud 22 years doing this for our country. I love reading threads like this and it just continues to build my motatvation.

Don't get me wrong, I'll have to work this summer but it will be for one of two things. Work to Learn or Work to buy Assests (Web Sites etc...) not work to make my boss or the stock a few extra cents.

I'll be picking up that book and when I get some free time will read it.

I'm not complaining about schools teaching kids how to be good employees, theres alot of nerds and geeks that I would love to let them make me rich. If everyone had a mindset like us the world would be totally different. I believe in one of the books I read it said 0.7% of the United States population controls 80% of the wealth. I'd have to say I want to be the minority in that figure. :D

mizt, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  5. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Property investment is definitely the way to get rich and stay that way for life.
    But of course, its the most difficult thing to get into. Once you have your first house, you can buy a second and rent that out. From there you can escalate your investments. However its the first couple of steps that are the hardest...

Thats the aim though - earn enough to buy one property to live in, another to rent, then after that keep buying :D
    If you're 20 now, by the time you're 40 you might have 3-4 investment properties all paying themself off from the rent.

longroad, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  6. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    My mom made more in property (just land) this year though she hasn't sold yet then my dad in the past 4 years. Though of course my dad takes credit for giving her capital. Its the way to go, just when you 16 and the local market has boomed (where talking 200% in 2 years) its a little hard to get the cash. Though I have been thinking of picking up some cheap property (how I'll ever afford it is beyond me) in the hurricane stricken zone.

mizt, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    No, you can do better than that.

While you are still young you buy your first property, big place, rough, not so great area but not totally bad (you're not in Sydney I hope, diff. rules for that place) and get in as many flatmates as you can. The bank is happy to include their rent in their cashflow calcs when approving the mortgage and all you have to do is tolerate the flatties because they're making you rich. Then when you have a bit of equity built up you buy another, smaller place and move into that with fewer flatties and keep going until you have an empire and a place of your own. Get good advice on structuring it because the banks can get narky, but the tax advantages are great.

Check out the Aussie forum at PropertyTalk for specifics.

sarahk, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  8. seopup

seopup Peon

Best Answers:
    HI ,

Interesting thread and iwant to share my story , hmm is not a story is just the begining ...

When i was in school spended lots of nights in Net Cafes and didn't go to school but i finished it . After this (one year ago) i started college , but i only started it (2 weeks) after this i decided : I will give me one year , if in one year i will not have some results i will go to college again and ....

Now i don't have any good results but i feel i am close to them , started to learn seo, internet marketing and learned a lot but i know there is a LOT more to learn .
    I am still doing php/mysql programming , mostly seo tools as a freelancer for my bread and butter (and beer ah and smokes :D ) and will do programming in future too but hope in 2-3 years only for me or my friends .

I have started a website aboutmedical services but google banned me for lack of content and lots of pages , also banned me from adsense as i created a script ( tooked only one night i can't believe this even if i know only a little javascript ) that converted every 1-2/10 of users from adsense viewer to adsense clicker it was amazing to see how my adsense jumped from 0-3$/day to $50+/day when my i had something about $1050(big money in a second hand country) account was banned and i learned that i don't have to do this again it's not fair and i wasn't very pleased with this but my eyes looking at adsense didn't allowed me to stop , and i am not upset on this , is a good lesson .

So by now i make some money and can take care of me, i can't now ask money from parents ,i can't afford myself to ask them (even if sometimes in my pocket are $0.00).
    Now i decided : If in 3 years if i will not have money for a decent life i will go to work for a company

But i am sure this will not happen .

About working at a company ... half an year ago a company asked me to do a webhosting control panel (a small one adding websites , emails etc) for free webhosting ,but i had to work at their office , first days was amazed by this but after 1.5 weeks when project was done %70 i hated office everything , i didn't "feel it" ( programmers i think know what ) and i quit :( .

I still lose sometimes hope like it happened today but this thread gived it back . THANKS !

Huh , i think this is my longest post ever :)
    PS : Sorry if my english is not good and i still plan to do a college

seopup, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  9. longroad

Best Answers:
    Im in sydney, hence why i have nothing.
    And i dont plan on buying anything here either, its completely ridiculous, people paying $2 mil for a shoebox.
    The place is virtually unlivable for anyone who hasn't got a foot in the door and is earning under $100k a year.
    Even the boss of the Reserve Bank has advised young people not to live in sydney. Its disgusting.

Nope, i'll be going interstate when i do eventually buy property.

longroad, Sep 22, 2005 IP
  10. yulia

yulia Peon

Best Answers:
    Hard to think.. think too hard :D

yulia, Sep 23, 2005 IP
  11. DecoDenim

DecoDenim Peon

Best Answers:
    Work to live dont live to work. something like that hehehe

DecoDenim, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  12. longroad

Best Answers:
    Well i did it, sort of
    I've cut my job down to 3 days a week. That should give me time to build things up while still earning a steady income.

longroad, Sep 26, 2005 IP
  13. mizt

mizt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Doh!!! I just got a job. An "We sell your stuff on Ebay" type store called me up and ask If I'd be interested in working for them. I'm only working a few hours a week. My hoping is I will be able to find some niches while selling peoples "shite" on ebay that I will be able to use my SEO skills to capitalize on.

mizt, Sep 26, 2005 IP