1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy Stole my domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by EvcRo, Jan 26, 2016.

my domain was expiring on 27 January

they removed my domain from my account on 26 January in the morning

They disabled their ticket system, live chat system, the only way to contact them is via trans atlantic call phone

Godaddy is a scam, stay away from it!

EvcRo, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  2. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There might be a discrepancy between time zones. No way Godaddy will delete your domain one day before it expires.
    You still have the option to renew the domain till will be released to public so go ahead and pay the fee to get your website back.

Webcenter, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  3. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    there is no renewal option domain was removed from my account, 24 hours before expiration, there is no time zone discrepance

and they have no support, i'm not gonna pay 100$ to call them in USA

EvcRo, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  4. Webcenter

Webcenter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There sure you got renewal emails from Godaddy, follow them to renew your domain.

I called Godaddy couple times and I didn't paid $100 for that call, the only cost was couple international minutes, I had activated an offer on my phone because I also call my parents in Spain. Hope you get your domain back.

Webcenter, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  5. harleynash

harleynash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    godaddy get over 30 millions users a month, i don't think they are a scam.

harleynash, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  6. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I had similar situation once, but I received 3 emails: one with notice that my domain expires and 2 renewal emails.

HelenVendo, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  7. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nowhere in the world was 27 january when they REMOVED the domain from my account
    this is plain stealing

EvcRo, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Some web hosting providers try to charge you 3 days before the expiration (if you set it on an automatic renewal). They are pretty strict when it comes to domains not being renewed. I wonder if Godaddy has the same policy in place. I don't know why but not paying on time for the domain name is like an unforgivable sin. It could be that since some domains are being distributed by a third party so they (the hosting companies) have to make sure everyone pays on time.

Does Godaddy actually own that domain name or someone else does?

qwikad.com, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  9. tatizaet

tatizaet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Godaddy have phone support with different countries. I am from Ukraine and called to ukrainian support. Everything is ok. Without payment.
    You can renew domain after it expires. It depends upon your domain name's extension and its registry rules.
    If the registry for your domain name extension allows it, godaddy hold your expired domain name for a few days waiting for you to renew it. For many domain name extensions (such as .com, .net, and .org) there is a grace period allowing you to renew the domain name after expiration without penalty. After the grace period for these extensions, you must pay a redemption fee plus the cost of regular renewal if you want to keep the domain name.
    For some domain name extensions, primarily country code (ccTLD) extensions, there is no grace period. Once the domain name expires, you must pay a redemption fee plus renewal to keep the domain name.

tatizaet, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  10. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    finnaly their live chat is online, will see what they respond

Luckily they will still let us get that back from them for you today, there is an $80 recovery fee with that. It will be $87.99 plus $17.60 in taxes unless you have a VAT ID for a total of $105.59.

this is godaddy

they pull your domain 1 day before expiry and ask you 105$ to "recover"

scammers

godaddy customer service is a lying scumbag

What is the Redemption Grace Period (RGP)?
    If registration of a .de domain is terminated, the deletion of the domain is followed by a 30-day cooling-off phase, the so-called Redemption Grace Period (abbreviated RGP). During RGP, the deleted domain can only be re-registered on behalf of the last domain holder or in the name of a third party defined by the domain holder. While it is in RGP, no fee shall be charged for the deleted domain.

so it doesnt cost them anything. godaddy = scammers and thiefs

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2016
    EvcRo, Jan 26, 2016 IP
  11. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy don't stole your Domain. There might be some problem and the situation looks skeptic for me. I think you may contact them and resolve the issue. No domain registrar can cancel or delete your domain before or prior to domain renewal date.

iwebsocial, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  12. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You are clearly an idiot. Why are you an idiot?

1. You waited till the morning of the expiration of your highly valued domain name and didn't bother to renew it MONTHS in advance. You even disabled auto renew because you weren't sure if the 10 bucks was worth it.

2. Your highly valued domain name expired and instead of using an immediate and direct way to contact support you tried to open a ticket.

3. You think GoDaddy is a scam because YOU let your domain expire without paying for it. What the fuck difference does 2 hours make. You weren't renewing it. It wouldn't of made a financial fucks difference if you renewed it 3 months in advance or 3 days prior. But you didn't..because you are an idiot.

NetStar, Jan 31, 2016 IP
    malky66 and Ivan S like this.
  13. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i tried to renew my domain 1 day before expiry and i could not.

also, i hope you get a long ban for your insults

EvcRo, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  14. Benpick

Benpick Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi EvcRo,

Would you mind telling us the domain name that supposedly expired so we can check the status of it?

Benpick, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  15. AmoHits

AmoHits Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Must be timezone difference, you should always renew it asap maybe about a month ago. I was lost a domain too where i spent my whole year and alot of money and now someone is making money on that site :)

you can purchase it but now it will be sold as premium and that would be so expensive. contact godaddy maybe they can help you out.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
    AmoHits, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  16. R. Martin

R. Martin Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not the first time I've heard it. It's not a good company policy to treat their costumers by that way.

R. Martin, Feb 1, 2016 IP
  17. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Look, you started your thread with "GoDaddy Stole my domain" don't expect you're going to get all favorable replies. It's crazy to even think that you believe that GoDaddy, indeed, stole your domain.

And the silly outrage: so it doesnt cost them anything. godaddy = scammers and thiefs

I mean, com'on you seriously believe that?

qwikad.com, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  18. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What is the domain?

digitalpoint, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  19. UnderHost_MSA

UnderHost_MSA Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Highly doubt godaddy.com would steal a domain, that's being said you have 2 month after expiration to renew the domain.

Maybe your account got compromised and domain was push into another account? You can PM me the domain name and i can do some research on for you if you don't want to give the domain publicly.

UnderHost_MSA, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  20. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I usually receive many email before my domain goes expired, 3 month in advance, 2 month, 1 month and then many emails remind me to renew. I don't think godaddy stole your domain :). Maybe your mistake :)

daica85, Feb 4, 2016 IP