1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GoDaddy Simple Control Panel modify mx records

Discussion in 'Apache' started by markhobbs, Feb 9, 2007.

Hi,

I would like to point my mx records on a Godaddy virtual server to another GoDaddy mail server. I only have simple control panel, not Plesk. I have tried all kinds of different things but can't seem to get it right.

All I can get out of GoDaddy is:

mx0 - smtpsecureserver.net
    mx10 mailstore1-secureserver.net

Here is what SCP (Simple Control Panel) looks like.

host Type Order Data

I really don't know what A records or cname records need to be entered or how to set the mx records either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

markhobbs, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  2. markhobbs

markhobbs Peon

Best Answers:
    Why no answer yet?

It's the COLTS FLAG Isn't it!! lol

markhobbs, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  3. tmwilson1

tmwilson1 Guest

Best Answers:
    I am running into the same problem, i have a virtual dedicated server running simple control pnael and i want to use e-mail that godaddy provides. This is the e-mail response i got from godaddy. I know how to change the MX records, but am confused on the CNAME. Can anyone help?

Thank you for contacting Online Support. I am sorry for the confusion. According to a DNS look up it appears that you are using non-godaddy name servers. This indicates that you are using a 3rd party hosting company. You will need to contact your hosting provider and have them add 4 records to the zone file for your domain name.

These records to modify are:

MX Modifications:

MX 10 smtp.secureserver.net
    MX 50 mailstore1.secureserver.net

Cname modifications:

mail.caplanggroup.com mapped to pop.secureserver.net
    email.caplanggroup.com mapped to email.secureserver.net

Once these records have been entered by your hosting company, please allow an average of 48 hours for the propagation of these changes to complete.

tmwilson1, Feb 11, 2008 IP
  4. G-hamsteR

G-hamsteR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure about DP, but in all other forums i'm an active member, digging out an old post (like this one as it was a year old) is not allowed.

G-hamsteR, Feb 26, 2008 IP