1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GoDaddy registering domains after I have done a search!

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Telecom steve, Jul 7, 2020.

Those sneaky little toads at GoDaddy!!
    SEMrush
    A couple of weeks back I did some checks to find some domains for a new project. Checked about 30 0r so possible domain choices.

A few days later I decided which ones I wanted to register and use, when I went to registerer I found out that godaddy had already gone in behind me and registered pretty much all of them so none of my choices were available! I did wonder if this was a one off or if Godaddy shafted all of its potential customers (NOT THAT I WAS GOING TO BUY SOD ALL FROM THEM) so i made up a few names and then checked back a few days later and sure enough Godaddy has registered most of them already!

I have no doubt the domains I wanted will end up for sale for a couple of thousand dollars a piece when Godaddy get around to it!! *********

Personally i dislike Godaddy with a passion, now I would go out of my way to avoid them and any other company they own!

Telecom steve, Jul 7, 2020 IP
    SEMrush
  2. wmtips

wmtips Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sad but true, this is the reason I never check domains availability at registrars, checking it directly with whois.

wmtips, Jul 9, 2020 IP
  3. gerardm24

gerardm24 Banned

Best Answers:
    This is, unfortunately, a very underhanded method used to "hijack" domains and as per the previous reply, I also use whois records when searching.

My other technique is to always look at expired domains with backlinks and some domain authority, before purchase and picked up some golden nuggets in the past. Just go to "expireddomains.net". Registering is free and you can search to your heart's delight, whilst also being able to use filters and narrow your search significantly.

Good Luck with your searches.

gerardm24, Jul 16, 2020 IP
  4. achugg

achugg Peon

Best Answers:
    Hahaha, I've seen the exact thing happen on many occasions. I should probably do what @wmtips is suggesting–– checking on whois.

achugg, Jul 27, 2020 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Happened to me also, on godaddy, and also on other registrars.
    Really cool short domain was available 5 minutes back, gone in 5 minutes.

Also, domain registry of .RED and .BLUE tlds is a fraud.
    I will never touch any domain from those TLDs ever.
    They will let you register the domain, then 1 month later will ask you to submit documents to prove company registration.
    All the domains are not company domains, so you cannot provide those documents,
    and they "suspend" your domain, no refunds.
    Total scam both those TLDs.

JEET, Jul 31, 2020 IP