1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

godaddy or hostgator

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by silent_1, Sep 17, 2013.

1. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes rite. but I'm not saying cPanel got to do with DDoS attacks! Their are more than 23 attacks I can do, to check sites security measurement. Just you have to setup security measurement manually. but, 99.99% ( just like their uptime ) people don't know How to setup manual security.
    I already mention in my previous point -

TrafficTOM, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  2. jainy25

jainy25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The reason why web hosts don't setup all security measurements is because then a lot of customers will complain about certain module or extension that they need being disabled on the server. Some CMS use certain modules and extensions which are risky. Being a web host, I can understand the trouble.

Let alone modules and extensions, clients complain even if we setup Security Question & Answers because "they can't remember the answers"!

What would you do in such a case?

jainy25, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  3. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:

That's what I say.
    Cpanel have many security to setup, but for avoid future workload of their technicians, hosting provider not set their security measurement!
    - I'm not saying, hosting provider not have ability to setup security feature. They can! but clients complain all the time this not working that not working, and many other!
    but, still you are risking their security. rite?

4. jainy25

jainy25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can't make the whole world happy. Can YOU?

Oh I forgot to mention this. Our servers are CloudLinux enabled. Which means that clients can enable custom php modules and extensions themselves. So from our end, we have made the security as tight as possible. Now it is upto them, whether they want to enable the risky modules for their accounts or not.

In fact in recent times, more sites are being hacked because of the vulnerabilities in the site code itself. As a matter of fact, we do try to help our clients with fixing that as well. But more than technicians, they are afraid of the workload and just want to leave everything for us to do.

jainy25, Sep 20, 2013 IP
  5. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Totally. CloudLinux is good paid feature, while allowing Good/Selected customers to use what they need. I already tried on amazon and is good to go package.

Yes, No one can.

6. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!! You're a complete fool. Great job with Photoshop! Your "DDoS" attack did absolutely nothing. Here are the port details for that server, and here is the Hyperspin 1 minute interval uptime report. Go somewhere else with your nonsense.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see the port never went down. You can see the server never went down. The most inbound traffic we had was under 1mbps, and about 28mbps outbound. If your "DDoS attack" was 1mbps, you're even more of a fool.

And yes...that's 262 1/2 days of uptime with 1 minute monitoring intervals. ;)

Go away!

WSWD, Sep 20, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow and ryan_uk like this.
  7. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like I've walked into the ignorant script kiddies section.

And really, what point are you trying to make? That are having nothing better to do than whine about CPanel and pretend to DDoS someone? Your childish behaviour doesn't help the OP.

@OP, I've used both and personally wouldn't use either again. I like HawkHost for their good, quick support. They actually seem to know what they are doing, which makes a change. (I'm assuming you're asking about shared hosting.)

ryan_uk, Sep 20, 2013 IP
    Arick unirow, malky66 and WSWD like this.
  8. TrafficTOM

TrafficTOM Active Member

Best Answers:
    You just called me anything, I don't care. May be I'm fool, whom actually spend time to explain something. But, No more!
    I'll DDoS your So called, cPanel - Secure site as long as I want or until I satisfied.
    if you want even more attacks, Reverse Proxying, SQL Poisoning, Buffer Overflows, Java De-compilation, Injections or you just name it.
    P.S : I never ever install any Photo Related software. Even, PS I never used before ( this is not my thing ).

In which technology ages, you're referring? may be 2000-2004 rite? I only need 10 KB to take down your site.

Call me child or whatever! Still, I'm 21 year old and just a few months back, I got my engineering degree.
    I have few clients who, pay me FAT amount, every month to maintained security measurement. - I'm not good at software development stuff but when my small blog, get hacked by some hackers or who knows! ( that time, I was 14 yrs old ) . My all data has been deleted and all my 6-10 months efforts been wasted. That time, I decide to what that thing is! - So, security is my "die hard term" ( that time internet forum/places is not as active as now days).

For OP, I already mention in my previous-first post what he need to know! As well who cares, OP doesn't even bother anymore to replay after that. I don't know much about this forum, I join DP just about 2 days ago. So, I'm not sure. How it work!

Come back to my previous point,

cPanel is not most secure panel, is just wildly used because of essayist and more feature panel ( user-friendly )

This is my last thread/post in "hosting" section, I'll not get bother by anymore.

TrafficTOM, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  9. JimmyPPC

JimmyPPC Member

Best Answers:
    @WSWD I think someone got kick your XXX by your own karma. why you even bother to explain must fool or something.
    You probably not believe me, as well if i told you your site is down from here too.
    So, I just uploaded a video for you.

See here : youtu.be/hBjZZXkRBZo

As well it's true that, now you don't need bigger bandwidth to attacked smaller ones.
    You not believe me either one, but for get down more that 1 TB, only 1 MBPS speed is enough.
    Well, what kind of hosting you are selling ? :p

JimmyPPC, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  10. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Up from here. Must be your Internet connection.

That said, our resident script kiddie did attempt to attack our site using his $5/mo. DigitalOcean VPS (which is soon to be terminated). I'm sure his DP account will be terminated soon too. Poor guy. I kinda feel sorry for him. I'm sure he has no job, nothing better to do on his weekends obviously, and no real skills at all. It's really too bad. He should put his time to good use and maybe get a job in the industry if he knows so much about it. He should have contacted me for a support job or such...much better use of his time.

But oh well. I wonder if his parents know? He'd be in a lot of trouble...would probably even get grounded!

WSWD, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  11. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As you say, "I'm not good at software development", so you should learn so that you can better understand where the flaws lie, how to fix, audit code, etc. It doesn't matter what control panel (or even none) you're using if there are insecurities in the code, OS, services (http, DB, ssh, ftp, etc) and so on. I'm not saying CPanel is super secure, but you seem hell-bent focused on it and missing the bigger picture. The human factor (the people managing the servers) is very important, so the OP should focus on companies with a good reputation in terms of security.

ryan_uk, Sep 21, 2013 IP
  12. Mathew Kevin

Mathew Kevin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use GoDaddy for Domain Registration. My hosting is managed using Hostgator & DreamHost. I use a dedicated server with Hostgator for the last 2 Years. They are very supportive and I have only good things to say about them. DreamHost never guarantee 100% uptime and I feel they have higher downtimes than Hostgator as well.

Mathew Kevin, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  13. JPC-Sabrina

JPC-Sabrina Member

Best Answers:
    GoDaddy has been selling domains for a long time and it isn't a bad choice for a domain purchase but they did have some public flack on internet issues last year so other sources might be better if you are politically inclined to let a company's opinions influence your buying power. Hostgator does offer its own control panel but some users prefer the offer of a true cPanel product. It can be a matter of personal taste but cPanel is the industry leader when it comes to web hosting control panels, and with good reason.

JPC-Sabrina, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  14. al_clark7

al_clark7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot praise Hostgator enough for the last 7 years, 24 hour online chat and service that most companies can only dream about!

I have used Godaddy for domains too and they were always fine, until they tried to help the US government usher in the SOPA bill, UNTIL they were forced to back down after they lost tens of thousands of domains.
    For more, check out http://www.infowars.com/boycott-godaddy-for-supporting-sopa-internet-activist-frederick-reports/

al_clark7, Sep 24, 2013 IP
  15. RKC

RKC Banned

Best Answers:
    Chech their indox node usage limits first and then choose one of the best. I know, HostGator will win.

RKC, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  16. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are TONS of hosts that offer more inodes than HG.

WSWD, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  17. Maestroc

Maestroc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I used GoDaddy for four years before laggy server speeds made me jump ship and buy into a VPS. I have less experience with HostGator but the same general rules apply to all mega-hosts in my opinion. If you can afford it my personal vote is to not use GD or HG at all. GoDaddy tends to oversell their server space so your site gets slowed down to a crawl when some other person on the same server is running a badly written script or if they are getting DDOS'ed. They have software to try to solve this problem but it is far from perfect. Yes, they have good customer service but in the end I got fed up with waiting 20-30 seconds for a page to load that now (on my own VPS) takes less than five. I've done Joomla migration jobs for several people over on HostGator too and while their sites run fairly quick on the old Joomla 1.5 when I get them upgraded to 2.5 or 3.0 they slow down significantly.

Then there is the problem with blacklisting of the mail servers. If you are on a shared mega-host check to see if the server your mail is sent from is blacklisted due to other people sending out spam. I will admit that in this regard Hostgator does seem to do a much better job however.

Shared hosting is cheap but IMHO if you can afford it go with a cheap VPS or buy hosting from a smaller company that does not cram hundreds of sites onto the same server like sardines. I like to know who my neighbors are.

Maestroc, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  18. RKC

RKC Banned

Best Answers:
    Can you tell the best five who offer more iinode usage limit than HG ?

RKC, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  19. werliyu

werliyu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HostGator surely the best.
    But even seen HG bought by EIG, i stop using them and move to HawkHost

werliyu, Oct 1, 2013 IP
  20. marshal mathers

marshal mathers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both godady and hostgator are provide very good hositng services they both have good technical support some case godady is better perform come case hostgator is good depends on condition.
    If you are choosing cheap and best hosting provider then godaddy is better.
    if you have big budget and want excelent services then hostgator is better option fr you

marshal mathers, Oct 3, 2013 IP