1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

GoDaddy Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by ajshroff, Apr 8, 2006.

1. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I doubt the economy 3.95$ plan allows only 1 domain. Anybody have any comment on it??

seolion, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  2. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Estimated waiting time of 12 minutes is just too much for me to call from abroad. Customer service should have been better :eek:

maldives, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  3. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Where is the hosting section of this forum anyway???? :confused:

Emperor, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  4. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    Consider this :)

maldives, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  5. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3

A GD sales rep told me in a phone conversation that you could host more than one account IF you knew how to set it up. They offer no support or instructions for doing this.

I have a little time today. Maybe I will see what I can do. cPanel it is not.

Colbyt, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  6. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Tell us if you manage to get things going. Meanwhile I’ve sent an e-mail to Godaddy to see what they say about this. I’ve also found some cheap hosting from www.2mhost.com that I’ll use as backup if Godaddy gives me a no go.

Emperor, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  7. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Response from Godaddy

Thank you for contacting Customer Support. Limited functionality is available for multiple domains using a single hosting package, using domain forwarding, masking, and aliasing. However, you will not be able to acheive full functionality for multiple domains without multiple hosting packages. The only way to have full functionality for multiple domains is to purchase multiple hosting accounts, or a Dedicated or Virtual Dedicated hosting package. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

That only took 30 min. I think that this gives them an A+ for customer service. ;)

Emperor, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  8. jordan5815

jordan5815 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I wouldnt buy Godaddy because when i had it i had so many problems with them. I had alot of down time then there was hidden charges. Even with domains i had 4 domains in my account and 2 months later i only had 2. They said that i never had 4...

jordan5815, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  9. seolion

seolion Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    That says it is possible to host multiple domains but they are not entertaining it..
    Anybody have really tried it?

seolion, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  10. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    I'm 2/3 of the way there. I have a second domain pointed at the primary domain. I have a directory and a subdomain pointed at that directory. Those two items were pretty easy. When using the secondary domain name it is not displaying the include portions of the php based site. That might be some of the problems GD said one might have or it might be a permission issue since a different domain is calling the files. I just mention it.

The last piece of the puzzle is to redirect the second domain to the subdomain instead of to the primary domain. With cPanel that would just be a couple of steps. It looks like you have to manually modify a couple of the dns records and I would rather not break something.

Since I barely understand the difference between A's MX's and C's, I think I am going to need to wait for my son to get off work. I can already hear with complaining about the control panel. At least he won't be able to putty in a really get in trouble.

Colbyt, Apr 14, 2006 IP
  11. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    The final answer as I understand it is:

It can't be done in the standard manner of an add on domain.

Most likely is possible with some scripting work but the results would be less than ideal.

Best to say one domain per account and you can point other domains at that domain (parked) but you aren't going to be able to host more than one domain per account as a seperate entity.

Colbyt, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  12. eslsociety

eslsociety Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I've only really had one big problem with godaddy, and that was using Mambo.

I had quite a bit of additional components installed. I think a calendar was a big part of the problem, but I was getting lots of spider activity all the time on that site.

They turned off my datatbase and told me I had to upgrade to vpn or dedicated server, and unfortunately I didn't have the db or the site stuff backed up on that.

Fortunately though, it was all cached so after ALOT of work, I got it back up more or less.

I think they're pretty good for smaller shared hosting packages, but on that one - I really felt like they could have reconnected the database for a day or something to allow me to do a backup.

eslsociety, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  13. websiteideas

websiteideas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you tell us exactly how many GBs of transfer you used before they turned off your database?

websiteideas, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  14. eslsociety

eslsociety Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    To be honest I don't remember.

eslsociety, Apr 18, 2006 IP