1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy Hosting.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by keral82, Dec 6, 2005.

1. LGRComp

LGRComp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have seen a problem with GoDaddy hosting and the way they run htaccess and php scripts. If you have to have a folder protected by htaccess then the only files that are protected are html files, not php files. So be aware of that if you need to protect any files using htaccess. They have to be static html files only not php files otherwise the htaccess protection does not work.

Just so you know.

LGRComp, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  2. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have all PHP files not a single one of them is static. And I think I am going right into the mess they are going to offer. After hearing what you people have to say I think that they would also be creating problems for mod_rewrite. Will try and let you know. So that other innocent and newbies would not fall for the shine that godaddy provides from the outside.

Really The way that they wrote about their servers and the person who talked with me was very kind and polite. He was answering all my stupid queries. But you are right once the fish is out of the pond no one pays any attention. Now I have paid for the hosting and if I contact them I think i will also have same kind of treatment that was given to all the others.

keral82, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  3. extremehardware

extremehardware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Anything without cPanel is kinda worthless to me. That is essential software, IMHO.

extremehardware, Dec 7, 2005 IP