1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy Hosting.

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by keral82, Dec 6, 2005.

Today I got a new hosting account at godaddy. And also got one domain for $1.99 as i purchased this hsoting account from them. I have had some problems with hosts so thought to get on with this people. At least they would be more professional then my previous host. :D

Got an email that it iwll be ready in 24 hours for me to use it.

So if someone has previously used godaddy hosting then let me know what are your ideas on it.

Thanks. It looks great from what I read there they are offering. 10,000 MB of space And 500,000 MB (500 GB) of bandwidth. So i think it iwll be nice to have that much space :D

keral82, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Its great value for money but its extremely feature poor...If you are just hosting a regular site and need a cheap place to put it, you will be more then happy with it.

If you need a lot of the dynamic features that require you to edit your htaccess, etc you will see the limitations.

yfs1, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  3. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    What????? I thought that As they are this BIG I will be more then happy over there.

I have paid for 2 months advance. So will be trying the things out. They are putting much weight on security and their uptime. Hope they stick on their word. They are also telling that they perform daily backups. And that I liked it. So I went with them. Thanks for telling me. As soon as i get the ID and password I will try all the things over there.

keral82, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Like I said, it really depends on your needs. I used to have a few sites over there that didn't require bells and whistles just because you can't beat the price.

Downtime has been an issue in the past but I will say in the last year its improved loads...They are way more reliable these days then they used to be

yfs1, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  5. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Theirs no limitations with their VSP's though right? I was thinking about going that route with them, only thing is they don't have cPanel which I'm accustomed tol.

mdvaldosta, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I doubt it as it would defeat the purpose but I haven't tried them...Once you have cPanel and WHM, its hard to go back ;)

yfs1, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  7. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have always used cpanel for last 4 years. And now if this people are going to give me some lame control panel then they will surely lose their clients.

Why would they do like this?? Cpanel is not a big thing for godaddy. Not other functions. Then why they are just keeping thier services like this?

It true some people are really mad. Nowadays even free servers are providing cpanel's for the clients.

keral82, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  8. yfs1

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not sure GoDaddy ever offered cPanel.

yfs1, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  9. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No I just moved today and as i have used cpanel on other hosts for last 4 years I have not even dreamt of using any other control panel system.

Thanks.

keral82, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  10. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 9
    I've had nothing but problems with godaddy. I ordered a virtual dedicated host a year or so, and after I ordered it, it took something like 5 days to get it set up. I called and talked to someone, and they said it should show up in my account soon. Not that 5 days really mattered, but I was paying for the server, and wasn't getting it.

They're contol panel lacks features for sure. I use hostgator now, and couldn't be happier that I changed.

I stuck with godaddy until one day when I was looking into a SSL certificate and called them to ask about it, and whether I HAD to use their certificate. Anyway, the guy argued with me (really) telling me that it was impossible to have a CSR unless you have an SSL already. I was relentless and he finally put me on hold for 10 minutes while he asked somebody. He came back on the phone, said I was right, and never once apologized. I knew it was time for a change.

MattEvers, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  11. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have been with godaddy for almost 5 years, never had any problems until recently when they autorenewed 2 domains that were set on manual renew and now won't answer my emails. They have worked for my needs but YMMV

palespyder, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  12. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If they are renewing manual renew names automatically then what is the meaning of putting that kind of options over there. I have heard many stories about them. Slowly this is settling donw in my mind that they are upto something. Too many incidences where someone is charged extra or services not good and no customer support.

keral82, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  13. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah and they gave me the hosting account but the domain name for the control panel is something like this http://nameslot.com isntead of that www. in middle will it matter? Please let me know.

keral82, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  14. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 9
    Not sure if I know what you mean, but I don't think it would matter.

15. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I mean they told me to loginto my account from http://nameslot.com instead of http://www.nameslot.com which I was hoping they owuld tell me. Why are they omitting the www. I would like to know this bcoz I have read somewhere that it is something releated to the pages renaked in google some pages show lower rank in http:// alone and more in http://www. that's why.

keral82, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  16. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I spend quite alot of time in webmaster forums, and to be honest, I have always heard bad things about godaddy.com I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

They may look professional, but from the experience alot of people had with Google and ip addresses the other year, alot of people are pretty pis$ed off with them.

DarrenC, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  17. creepah

creepah Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I would go with site5/aso/ for hosting.

Godaddy are good for domains mind you

creepah, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  18. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 9
    I believe the thing about ranking depends on where your incoming links are pointing to...so if you have a site about cars, and you have a link to your site like this: car, then your rank may differ if you have a link like this: car.

I'm no SEO expert, so the truth in this I'm not certain about. But I don't think that the location of the control panel matters. Because if you go to http://car.com or http://www.car.com , you go to the same place.

19. palespyder

palespyder Psycho Ninja

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh yeah I don't use them for hosting, I only use them as a registar, my hosting is through Lypha, *not a bad plan mind you, I have 20gb space and 350gb of xfer, unlimited domains, blah blah, and I just reupped for 4 years for the whooping price of 250$ USD :)

palespyder, Dec 6, 2005 IP
  20. keral82

keral82 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks ffriends for your kind commetns and support. Will use them as i have paid for two months andd then if I find something fishy then will have to move on to yet another host.

keral82, Dec 6, 2005 IP