1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy hosting they are cheaters!!

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by A1Directory, Jan 8, 2016.

I took Godaddy gave hosting a year ago for a very low cheap price, i took few of the packages, now at the time of renewal they are asking 12 times the amount i have paid them last year, is it fair, and the most interesting fact is that none of the discount codes are working for me except 10% which is not affordable,, any help guidance shall be highly appreciated!!

thanks fellows!!!
    regards,
    Iftekhar.

A1Directory, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  2. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is business model of many companies. they give one time discount on initial purchase and then renewals are for normal (expensive) price..
    if you do not wish to pay that high renewal price. Just order new hosting (probably from other company) and move your files and mysql databases out of godaddy. Do full backups of your godaddy accounts and download them to your computer.
    Good hosting provider will help you to restore your backups, maybe even for free. If you need help, let me know via PM.

postcd, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  3. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Make sure to cancel your PayPal/Credicard automated payment.

Zoti Media Group, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    In the supermarket industry it's called a "loss leader"
    They get you in with a really good deal and sting you later
    It's the same with domain registration - cheap to buy, pricey to renew

This can't be the first time you've encountered this kind of business strategy?

sarahk, Jan 8, 2016 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.
  5. A1Directory

A1Directory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yess that is true, i have not sign up with paypal/CC my concern is hosting renewal, since few of my important sites reside on their server which holds huge databases, now they want to take advantage of that,, its a big mess be careful dealing with Godaddy.com in the near future I must say that!!

A1Directory, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  6. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a reason GD is popular with newbies. It's fair and they do make their prices known so they really are not hiding anything. It's that very low introductory price that lures newbies in and then after the term is up, you end up paying higher-than-average prices. For their domains, GD had a $0.99 introductory offer, but the renewal price is $14.99 and if you want privacy protection, it is something like $7.99 for the first year (and I do not know what afterward). Whereas Namecheap has one price and you can save like $1.03 on the first year with a coupon code you can find on the net and privacy protection can be had for $0.99 a year with another coupon code that has been good for 4 years now (and privacy protection is always free for the first year). Do the math and you see that GD is no deal.

It's like some big unlimited hosts offering "unlimited" hosting for $4.99 a month but to get that price you have to sign up for 3 years and pay upfront. Otherwise, its like $7.99 a month or even higher in some cases.

Web hosting and domain customers are amazingly stingy and some will get sucked into that "save money now but pay a lot more later" marketing gimmick. I see those web.com television commercials and their "get a free business website and if you like it you pay one low monthly fee" and I wonder how much they are really charging later. Buyer beware.

billzo, Jan 8, 2016 IP
  7. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    That is how they get everyone. They give a very cheap intro price and then time to renew they get you. Or with the smaller packages they will give you free email, database and so on then when the year is up they charge you for it. They do put the disclaimer in there but we all see the cheap price and we have to have it.

Its like buying a car. I will sell you this Lexus for 199 a month but for 500 months or some crap like that. we are like i can do the 199 but never look at the long term cost.

CenTex Hosting, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  8. A1Directory

A1Directory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks guys for all of your valuable suggestions & advice,its messed up little but anyhow everything got settle down for me slowly & steady, all of my sites are now live up & running smoothly i lost my database, that is the sacrifice u have to pay!!!

A1Directory, Jan 22, 2016 IP
  9. Daniel Myers

Daniel Myers Peon

Best Answers:
    Many cheap hosting services will do this to you. I use to use VodaHost and they tried to charge my credit card when I cancelled their service. I tried to get a refund from PayPal and they wouldn’t give it to me. I would make sure you don’t have an automatic payment set up with PayPal.

Daniel Myers, Jan 30, 2016 IP
  10. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Just move from there. I always buy different service. Buy domain and hosting in different place..

robyries, Jan 31, 2016 IP
  11. linux7802

linux7802 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its a lesson for everyone don't go for cheap hosting, always go with value buying because they are reliable

linux7802, Feb 22, 2016 IP
  12. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    Umm GoDaddy...... You should have done some research before signing up. GoDaddy are infamous for their dishonesty, sharp business practices, and incompetence. No serious webmaster uses GoDaddy for anything! Look at most WM boards for piles and piles of threads moaning about them.

ecchi, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  13. sundaybrew

sundaybrew Numerati

Best Answers:
    Hello

How much you pay the first time?

How much you have to pay to renew?

What was the difference?

How long was the duration paid?

Thanks you in advance

sundaybrew, May 31, 2016 IP
  14. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    I've never been a fan of GD. I don't like their interface. And I always had problems with their checkout system. A lot of hosting companies show you a low price and when you add your plan to a cart you are hit with the yearly price. We try to make this as upfront as possible at HostWinds. This is something that we strive upon if to be upfront and as personable as possible to our clients.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
    HostWinds_Jesse, May 31, 2016 IP
  15. robinbd4u

robinbd4u Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey promotional offer for hosting have good and bad sites altogether.

Good sites :
    If you do not have enough money to start then promotion or discount will help you to start
    You have lots of skills but no money to start, If you could start then possible to make lots money then promotion could help you.
    Same for domain and hosting promotion or discount offer, If you urgently need for domain but have not enough money then.
    Most of time even at renewal they offer lots of renewal promotional or discount code

Bad sites :

You have to pay expensive amount after one year, although you could know before it from terms and conditions.
    To take promotional offer specially godaddy you have to use verified paypal , paypal does not support my country, bad news for me

Before buying from Godaddy did you not checked their terms and condition ? If you did not checked their terms and condition also faq section then it is your fault. Not theirs . So how you called such a company cheater ?

This is business system as @postcd said it very well.

robinbd4u, May 31, 2016 IP
    sundaybrew likes this.