1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy Hosting - File Manager History Button?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Magestry, Nov 15, 2009.

I have Linux Deluxe Hosting and want to restore my files from a few days ago due to some mucking up by me :p

I contact them and got this:

Hosting History is a feature in Linux hosting that allows you to restore files or directories to their previous state from up to 30 days ago using the File Manager.

Restore a File or Directory

1. Log in to your Account Manager.

2. In the My Products section, select Hosting.

3. Next to the hosting account you want to manage, click Manage Account.

4. In the Content section of the Hosting Control Center, click the File Manager icon. Then click the History button.

5. Use the directory tree to navigate to where the file or folder resides that you want to restore.

6. Below the toolbar, click the calendar icon to open the Quick Pick Calendar and select the date where you would like the file or folder restored. The directory list will refresh and display the version of your hosting account from the date selected.

7. Click the check box next to the file or folder you want to restore and click Restore in the tool bar.

8. In the Restore Files or Directories pop-in, select if you want the files to be copied to a new directory, or if you want to rename the files. When you're finished, click OK.

I just can't find the History button that it claims will be there.. Am I missing something? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Magestry, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  2. vikg

vikg Peon

Best Answers:
    I cannot answer your question but just wanted you to know that there is a genuine user-generated site against Godaddy called nodaddy.com ; must visit that site to know more on Godaddy!

vikg, Nov 15, 2009 IP
  3. goneinsane

goneinsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is very confusing but it is there. Click the icon that says file manager. It's in the tools section. Then you will see a link called upload history. Click that.

There's also a little gear on the right side. If you click that it will ask you if you want to enable history view.

goneinsane, Mar 31, 2015 IP
  4. goneinsane

goneinsane Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Doesn't exist anymore.

goneinsane, Mar 31, 2015 IP
  5. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    PoPSiCLe, Apr 1, 2015 IP