1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Godaddy auction woes

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Mirrorcrax, Feb 5, 2016.

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum as well as to the domain auctions process. I didn't head the warnings I read regarding Godaddy and still registered with them and bought a few domains.

However, today as I was scrolling down the domain lists in the auctions section, I selected a couple of domains which didn't have a date or time beneath them and my bid was rejected. So I safely assumed that whichever domain name that doesn't have a time or date would probably be rejected if I tried bidding on it.

Long story short, I selected a couple and when trying to check out my list was populated with a lot of odd and completely useless domains which I would never select. I tried returning to the list and refreshing but it seemed like it messed things up and after I tried checking out with my 2 selected domains GoDaddy had me place bids for another 6 near-useless domains for more than 200 AUD. I tried contacting them, and the very nice rep put me on hold several times then told me there's no problem I just need to email the auction team, which I did, and they just told me to pay up.

I replied to them saying this is "corporate bullying" and would like to close my account at the soonest and transfer all my domains to another registrar.

I also tried chatting with another rep online but it seems he can do nothing after all and it's all up to the "Pay up" team.

What do you guys think? do you think GoDaddy are within their right to ask me to "pay up"? or is it also a technical glitch coupled with customer noobness and cooperation should be expected from GoDaddy?

Mirrorcrax, Feb 5, 2016 IP