1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Goalsetting for Adsense Earnings

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by Dominic, Jul 26, 2005.

1. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I just took a gander at my last 6 months. I saw one month where there was a 20% decline, but overall I'm 245% above what I did in January, with small increments each month.

I'd like to make a big boost this month with a site redesign and a few press releases, but I don't know that doubling my revenue is realistic just yet. It's entirely possible because even at 245% it's still just a little bit of extra beer money. (ok, so I can drink a lot of beer, but you get my drift. Just a couple of kegs worth of income, but at least I'm getting a monthly deposit)

nevetS, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  2. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dominic
    and any other if u want to make more with adsence
    its this simple
    add the biggest money maker close to the TOP of your page
    its the
    336x280 large rec
    blend the colors into your site
    blend the ads into your site

check out my sigs for examples
    and check out
    http://www.bestdates.info/
    http://www.lockergnome.com/

lets say im laughing all the way to the bank

as long as u have half decent traffic comming to your site
    you should notice more cash flowing in with the new ads

just try it for a few day...
    what could it hurt.

bloodwrath, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  3. kahsoon

kahsoon Peon

Best Answers:
    1. My AdSense goal for next month is $10/day...currently $5/day
    2. Plan to write more blogs
    3. Im going to donate it to the poor

kahsoon, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  4. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    1. To place 10 more dedicated content pages in my main adsense area and to implement images above ads in my 5 other secondary sites.
    2. I will be happy if this is done within 8 weeks and daily income is up to $30/day
    3. Just Did
    4. September 30 2005

$22.54 for first day of the month.

mnemtsas, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  5. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    My adsense for this month will be to try and get $120, I did around $80 last month which is my most to date.

This is off 1 site so I really need to pull my finger out and get a couple others I have released.

J.P, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  6. mdev05

mdev05 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That was a good one. Anyways guys, tell me this - how good ad these promotional websites, promising $1000 a day within 20days and stuff like that? They claim it and also would show the snapshot of the adsense daily earnings screen.

Are they worth it?

mdev05, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  7. J.P

J.P Notable Member

Best Answers:
    imo no, read the threads here for the same advice (maybe better) for free. May take a while as more money with adsense means more visitors really.

JP

J.P, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  8. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    Most full time jobs won't allow you to work enough on your sites during the weekday.
    So, you have to sit down and workout how much you need to earn to survive. Work nights and weekends on your sites until to exceed the survival amount. Then bin the day time job. Work full time on your sites and watch the income grow way beyond what you ever earned in a job - at least most people can acheive that (I suppose it depends on what you earn in your job).
    An alternative is just to take the plunge, if you've got enough in the bank to survive then you could just do it.

jlawrence, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  9. mnemtsas

mnemtsas Super Dud

Best Answers:
    I work a full time job and I guess I spend 5-15 hours a week working on me and my wife's online stuff. The online stuff should earn my wage + 20% this year so I hope to go full time the end of next year if things keep growing the way they are. I would guess when I do go full time I will spend 3-4 days a week working still.

mnemtsas, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  10. thebassman

thebassman Asleep at the Keyboard

Best Answers:
    That's exactly my plan. I'm working full time+ and running my sites on the side. I probably spend 20+ hours per week on the sites. Last month I averaged over $15/day from Adsense, and about $40/day from other online income. This month, I'm hoping to average over $20/day from Adsense, and $50/day from other income. I want to be at $80/day from Adsense before Christmas, at which point, I will quit my "day job" and work on my sites full time (and hopefully continuing to add a couple more).

thebassman, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  11. vprp

vprp Peon

Best Answers:
    For me, I find it difficult to set goals regarding AdSense because it's dependent on many factors beyond my control (search engine traffic). The one main factor I do control is how much original content I create so this is where I set my goals.

With that said, I hope to average $30 per day this month.

vprp, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  12. classifieds

classifieds Sopchoppy Flash

Best Answers:
    I took the full time plunge Janurary 1 of this year. I spent the later part of 2004 doing research, building a business plan, mapping out my goals and objectives and working on a tactical implemention plan.

So far I'm ahead of forecast (knock on wood) and can honestly say that the DP community has been instrumental in helping me achieve my goals (I didn't discover DP until January :( ).

Thank you DP! :) :) :)

classifieds, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  13. thebassman

Best Answers:
    Congrats! :D

14. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Dominic, excuse me if Im missing something here, but

Question 2: How you plan to achieve it ?
    Your site: http://www.homeless.org.au/
    http://www.homeless.org.au/homelessness/
    - I see almost no adsense on these sites.
    Put your adsense in the middle of the articles (use large blended rectangles). (in content ads)
    Use adlinks at the top of the page - above the article headings. (above fold ads)
    Put 468 banner at bottom possibly usings 'critter's law' (if applicable) below fold ads
    Use adsense on the forum, especially for non registered.

I would think you would instantly go from $30-50 and beyond.

As I said.. this seems to me like very straightforward stuff. (feel like i am missing something glaringly obvious why its not already like this).

Design Agent, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  15. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use to have adsense on every page of that site, but now I only have adsense on a few pages on the homeless site as the kind of advertising it gets matched to it's content has a very very low ctr (barely relevant) and minimum payout of 2c or something. It's a case of it really not being worth anoying the visitors with.

Our adsense revenue comes from other sites we manage.

Dominic, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  16. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    ..and that would be what i was missing :)

Design Agent, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  17. pau

pau Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have just launched my websites less than a month ago so by now my goal is just to add as much good content as I can and have a regular amount of traffic to the sites

pau, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  18. longroad

longroad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the comments on working full time.
    Currently I work all day then spend about an hour per night on my sites, then another few hours on weekends.

I think $80/day is too little to quit a job on, though if you see it growing quickly it could be worthwhile.
    I wouldn't feel secure enough to quit though unless I was earning more what I am at work. So for example, more than say $150 a day.

You then need to think about what you do if you need to apply for a mortgage?
    Adsense is hardly a stable income and I cannot see banks approving a loan based on some fluctuating earnings from a few websites. :(
    The alternative is to earn enough to buy a house outright I guess :D

longroad, Aug 2, 2005 IP
  19. thebassman

Best Answers:
    Yeah, well that would be $80 with Adsense, and presumably about $80-$100 from other revenue sources (plus I just got married, so my wife can pull some weight for a while... I've been supporting both of us while she's been in school... she finishes her Masters this fall) ;) I currently earn in the $50+k/year range for my day job, so as long as her salary and my online income are more than I'm making now, we'll be fine, and it will give me more of an opportunity to work my business up. The revenue I earn from my sites are directly proportional to the amount of time I work on it, so I anticipate when I take the plunge, my revenue should reflect that... ;)

20. Dominic

Dominic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey bassman good to hear you are heading to full time. I'm cheering for you.

Dominic, Aug 4, 2005 IP